Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is Fuji S3000 3.2m/pixel output, or 6 m/pixel interpolated output?

Reply
Thread Tools

Is Fuji S3000 3.2m/pixel output, or 6 m/pixel interpolated output?

 
 
Bill M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2003
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:15:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:50:02 +0900, "George Preddy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>> >> I've read em...no mention of 25% orhaned green sensors, so therefore
>> >> you are:
>> >
>> >Then your source is wrong. Bayers use 25% red, 50% green, 25% blue

>sensors.
>> >Only 75% of the total sensor count has complimentary matches. Out of
>> >curiousity, what source are you using that says Bayers are 33/33/33% RGB?
>> >

>> I'm not claiming 33%, can you read? Bayer does not have 25% orphaned
>> greens...which is your still unproven statement...

>
>How many complete RGB sets are there on a 6M sensor Bayer, in only your
>world?
>

Why on earth can't you just answer a question? PROVE the 25% green
orphans....oh, wait, you can't because they don't get orphaned. BTW,
when you prove your point (with someone besides your bs data), I'll
answer your question, til then....

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2003
George Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Peter H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


>> Greetings.... Apologies if this posts twice, first try went down a black
>> 'ole....
>>
>> I bought a Fuji S3000 at the weekend, on the strength of an advert claiming
>> it has 3.2 m/pixel, interpolated to 6 m/pixel output. I'm damned if I can
>> find any reference to interpolated output in the manual, or on Fuji's site:
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if I've been misled, or is this a feature of Fuji kit in
>> general?

>
>All Bayer camera's interpolate.


Equivocation.

> In 6MP mode your Fuji interpolates to twice
>the degree.
>
>Here are the facts. Note, this is quite kind to the Bayer cameras since in
>reality only 75% of the total sensor count can be used to create full color
>since 25% of the total sensors are green orphans, as you'll see below.


George is lying outright. There are no green orphans.

--
Ray Fischer
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2003
George Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


>> I've read em...no mention of 25% orhaned green sensors, so therefore
>> you are:

>
>Then your source is wrong. Bayers use 25% red, 50% green, 25% blue sensors.


That's the key fact. They USE 50% green sensors. They don't use 25%
green sonsors.

>Only 75% of the total sensor count has complimentary matches.


You are a stupid asshole.

Again and again people explain that the sensors ARE NOT COMBINED and
still you repeat your lies and deceptions. Instead you cling to your
ignorance.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
George Preddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003

"Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpolk6$rgh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> George Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>
> >> I've read em...no mention of 25% orhaned green sensors, so therefore
> >> you are:

> >
> >Then your source is wrong. Bayers use 25% red, 50% green, 25% blue

sensors.
>
> That's the key fact. They USE 50% green sensors. They don't use 25%
> green sonsors.
>
> >Only 75% of the total sensor count has complimentary matches.

>
> You are a stupid asshole.


Are you hoping immaturity will change the sensor count?


 
Reply With Quote
 
George Preddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003

"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:15:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


> >How many complete RGB sets are there on a 6M sensor Bayer, in only your
> >world?
> >

> Why on earth can't you just answer a question? PROVE the 25% green
> orphans....oh, wait, you can't because they don't get orphaned. BTW,
> when you prove your point (with someone besides your bs data), I'll
> answer your question, til then....


You can't accept that Bayer has 25/50/25% RGB split, but no matter how much
you try to deny it, it is true.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:32:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:15:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>> >How many complete RGB sets are there on a 6M sensor Bayer, in only your
>> >world?
>> >

>> Why on earth can't you just answer a question? PROVE the 25% green
>> orphans....oh, wait, you can't because they don't get orphaned. BTW,
>> when you prove your point (with someone besides your bs data), I'll
>> answer your question, til then....

>
>You can't accept that Bayer has 25/50/25% RGB split, but no matter how much
>you try to deny it, it is true.
>

]
Never denied it did, but you can't accept it uses all of them, there
are no 25% greens orphans. Try a reading comprehension class...you'll
look less the fool.

 
Reply With Quote
 
George Preddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003

"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:32:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:15:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >
> >> >How many complete RGB sets are there on a 6M sensor Bayer, in only

your
> >> >world?
> >> >
> >> Why on earth can't you just answer a question? PROVE the 25% green
> >> orphans....oh, wait, you can't because they don't get orphaned. BTW,
> >> when you prove your point (with someone besides your bs data), I'll
> >> answer your question, til then....

> >
> >You can't accept that Bayer has 25/50/25% RGB split, but no matter how

much
> >you try to deny it, it is true.
> >

> ]
> Never denied it did, but you can't accept it uses all of them, there
> are no 25% greens orphans. Try a reading comprehension class...you'll
> look less the fool.


Then why has SOny gone to such great lengths to reduce the green orphan
problem?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:44:37 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:32:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:15:13 +0900, "George Preddy"
>> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >> >How many complete RGB sets are there on a 6M sensor Bayer, in only

>your
>> >> >world?
>> >> >
>> >> Why on earth can't you just answer a question? PROVE the 25% green
>> >> orphans....oh, wait, you can't because they don't get orphaned. BTW,
>> >> when you prove your point (with someone besides your bs data), I'll
>> >> answer your question, til then....
>> >
>> >You can't accept that Bayer has 25/50/25% RGB split, but no matter how

>much
>> >you try to deny it, it is true.
>> >

>> ]
>> Never denied it did, but you can't accept it uses all of them, there
>> are no 25% greens orphans. Try a reading comprehension class...you'll
>> look less the fool.

>
>Then why has SOny gone to such great lengths to reduce the green orphan
>problem?
>

Sigh...no green orphans, but you'll never get it....what do you think
happens to Sony's 25R/25B/25G/25E? Which do you think gets orphaned
there? Wait, I'll give you the right answer...NONE (just like bayer)
 
Reply With Quote
 
George Preddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003

"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:44:37 +0900, "George Preddy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


> >Then why has SOny gone to such great lengths to reduce the green orphan
> >problem?
> >

> Sigh...no green orphans, but you'll never get it....what do you think
> happens to Sony's 25R/25B/25G/25E? Which do you think gets orphaned
> there? Wait, I'll give you the right answer...NONE (just like bayer)


No orphans, now their are GB pairs with no red info, a much better
situation. It's about the best you can do given the fundamental design
problem of a 2D arrary and 3 primary colors.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2003
George Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> George Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


>> >> I've read em...no mention of 25% orhaned green sensors, so therefore
>> >> you are:
>> >
>> >Then your source is wrong. Bayers use 25% red, 50% green, 25% blue

>sensors.
>>
>> That's the key fact. They USE 50% green sensors. They don't use 25%
>> green sonsors.
>>
>> >Only 75% of the total sensor count has complimentary matches.

>>
>> You are a stupid asshole.

>
>Are you hoping immaturity will change the sensor count?


Are you hoping that outright lying will make sensors disappear?

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interpolated pixels e.g. 2MP Effective 4MP Interpolated??? Phnix Digital Photography 5 12-19-2003 08:54 AM
Fuji S3000 - 3.2 m/pixel or 6 m/pixel? Peter H Digital Photography 3 11-18-2003 11:17 PM
Fuji 3800 vs. s3000 What's the diff? Antonio L. Balsamo Sr. Digital Photography 1 11-17-2003 04:08 AM
Fuji finepix S3000 Aleksandar Digital Photography 1 11-09-2003 09:18 AM
Fujigroup.net >links to the new Fuji S3000 and S5000 Ed Digital Photography 1 07-27-2003 07:59 AM



Advertisments