Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > fuji s5000 or s7000 shutter delay

fuji s5000 or s7000 shutter delay

News@bellsouth.net

Hey everyone.

I'm looking for a camera to travel with. My Nikon D1x and Fuji S2 pro are
too heavy for recreational photography, but I find the speed and accuracy
just wonderful. I bought a new Olympus E-10 a couple of years ago, paid far
too much, shot about 40 very aggravating frames, and sold it on Ebay for a
huge wash. The E10 is slow enough that I could sketch out the image faster
than it could record!

Here's my question to the group:

What is the lag time from power up to first shot on the Fuji cameras. When
you press the shutter button, how long is the delay to pre-focus and
calibrate exposure? I don't need millisecond answers. How does it feel
(quick, slow, OK?, great?). If I take rapid fire sequences, how many images
at high res can I take before the buffer is full?

Thanks,

Marty from Sunny South Florida

Sammy'

I like my fuji s5000, seems to be better than my fuji 3800.

Check here. If you have a camera now to compare to, look that up on his site
too.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/

i bought my here, 299 now, i paid 358
http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=FJFPS5000

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <News@ dont spam me.net> wrote in message
news:0tOub.5587$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey everyone.
>
> I'm looking for a camera to travel with. My Nikon D1x and Fuji S2 pro are
> too heavy for recreational photography, but I find the speed and accuracy
> just wonderful. I bought a new Olympus E-10 a couple of years ago, paid

far
> too much, shot about 40 very aggravating frames, and sold it on Ebay for a
> huge wash. The E10 is slow enough that I could sketch out the image faster
> than it could record!
>
> Here's my question to the group:
>
> What is the lag time from power up to first shot on the Fuji cameras. When
> you press the shutter button, how long is the delay to pre-focus and
> calibrate exposure? I don't need millisecond answers. How does it feel
> (quick, slow, OK?, great?). If I take rapid fire sequences, how many

images
> at high res can I take before the buffer is full?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marty from Sunny South Florida

Andre Denis

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:53:04 GMT, "Sammy'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I like my fuji s5000, seems to be better than my fuji 3800.

Sorry for just jumping in here, but I have a question you might be able to
answer about the Fuji S5000. Since you seem to be happy with it, I thought
you wouldn't mind.

I have a chance to order a Fuji S5000 through my Visa points and it seems
like not a bad choice for me, but I'm not sure if the software will work
with the pc I have can you tell from the software cd if I will be able to
use the Win98 with a Pentium II 233mg. 256ram?

It has been less than 24 hours since I asked this question at the Fuji
site. So, they will probably get back to me soon too.

I'm interested in any other comments from a users on this camera as well.
Recovery time, Battery life, print quality compared to SLR.

I have been to quite a few sites with reviews on the camera already and
most things seem pretty positive. I am just a little worried that I might
be dissapointed with the quality compared to my old Nikkormat.

Thanks Andre