Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > White Baalnce on *ist

White Baalnce on *ist

JRH

Hi all

Just playing around with my *ist tonight (have to wait 'til the weekend to
get down to some serious fun) ... has anyone else noticed odd results with
the auto-white-balance - It just doesn't seem to guess right in tungsten and
fluorescent light situations (the only ones I've tried) .. when set manually
to these setting all is fine but results are more like daylight film when
set to auto.

Any ideas, contradictions or similar problems?

Cheers
John

David J. Littleboy

"JRH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fbab6dd$0$103$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi all
>
> Just playing around with my *ist tonight (have to wait 'til the weekend to
> get down to some serious fun) ... has anyone else noticed odd results with
> the auto-white-balance - It just doesn't seem to guess right in tungsten

and
> fluorescent light situations (the only ones I've tried) .. when set

manually
> to these setting all is fine but results are more like daylight film when
> set to auto.
>
> Any ideas, contradictions or similar problems?

In principle, auto white balance can't work, since it's not measuring the
incident light. So I don't get bent out of shape by AWB not getting it
right...

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan