Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Looking for external Flash unit recomendation

Looking for external Flash unit recomendation

Quiet Voice

Hi Folks,

I have a Minolta Dimage 7Hi and I would like to purchase an external
flash for it. The user manual recommends the 5600HD(s)....a unit that
is both expensive and has only "so-so" ratings online. I'm interested
in knowing if I can use other flash units. On my manual SLR, I have
been using a Metz that I'm very pleased with. The electrode pattern on
the hotshoe is different, though. So I know that it isn't compatible.

Any information or recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks!!