Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S3000 - 3.2 m/pixel or 6 m/pixel?

Fuji S3000 - 3.2 m/pixel or 6 m/pixel?

Peter H

Greetings

I bought a Fuji S3000 at the weekend, on the strength of an advert claiming
it has 3.2 m/pixel, interpolated to 6 m/pixel output. I'm damned if I can
find any reference to interpolated output in the manual, or on Fuji's site:

Can anyone tell me if I've been misled, or is this a feature of Fuji kit in
general?

Pete

Mark Mercandetti

Hi Pete,

I'm pretty sure this is a feature of the Fuji A310 but not the S3000.

--
Mark Mercandetti
President

"Peter H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lxuub.10038$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Greetings
>
> I bought a Fuji S3000 at the weekend, on the strength of an advert

claiming
> it has 3.2 m/pixel, interpolated to 6 m/pixel output. I'm damned if I can
> find any reference to interpolated output in the manual, or on Fuji's

site:

> Can anyone tell me if I've been misled, or is this a feature of Fuji kit

in
> general?
>
> Pete

mark herring

On the Fuji site, I can find no mention of output file of 6Mp for the S3000.
Fuji DOES have a bit of a rap sheet for advertising interpolated resolution,
but at least not on this model.

All you care about is the actual samples taken by the sensor---you can
interpolate later, but it will not increase resolution--only reduce
"jaggies"

--
******************
Mark Herring

*
"Peter H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lxuub.10038$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Greetings
>
> I bought a Fuji S3000 at the weekend, on the strength of an advert

claiming
> it has 3.2 m/pixel, interpolated to 6 m/pixel output. I'm damned if I can
> find any reference to interpolated output in the manual, or on Fuji's

site:

> Can anyone tell me if I've been misled, or is this a feature of Fuji kit

in
> general?
>
> Pete

KS

Peter H wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I bought a Fuji S3000 at the weekend, on the strength of an advert
> claiming it has 3.2 m/pixel, interpolated to 6 m/pixel output. I'm
> damned if I can find any reference to interpolated output in the
> manual, or on Fuji's site:
>
> Can anyone tell me if I've been misled, or is this a feature of Fuji
> kit in general?

As I understand it, the S3000 only does 3.2MP, it's the S5000 the does 3.2MP
interpolated to 6 MP. The S3000 comes in silver, the S5000 in black.

But then, I could be wrong ! Hope this helps.