Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need "Photo to Video" Software

Need "Photo to Video" Software

duane

Dear Experts:

I wanted to compile a bunch of old photos into a video clip. However,
I don't want to just create a simple boring video clip, where one
photo is just replacing the next one without any motion.

I want to give the video clip as a gift. So I want it to look real
professional. I want a s/w that will be able to:

1. Add background musics

2. Give smooth transition between one photo to the next

Ex. I saw this clip from a professional wedding photographer where the
transition of one photo to the next is very smooth. He did it by
breaking the picture in half VERTICALLY and have half of the pieces go
to the left and the other half go to the right of screen (the motion
is almost like opening a curtain).

3. Give zoom-in/zoom-out motion so the picture does not look too
static.

Does anybody knows any software that can do this? Free or shareware
is preferred, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Duane

Joel Rowbottom

On 17 Nov 2003 22:01:01 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (duane) wrote:

>Does anybody knows any software that can do this? Free or shareware
>is preferred, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hiya --

You might try looking for "photo2vcd", which I've had some success
with in doing what you ask - there is a free version for download
although it slaps a logo in the corner of your VCDs.

I think they're at www.photo2vcd.com although a quick Google turns
this up:
http://www.newfreeware.com/publishers/4002/

Hope this helps,

Joel.

Joel Rowbottom - joel <at> fotopic <dot> net - Head Guy, Fotopic.Net
250Mb photo-space, full admin interface, no popups, prints & gifts,
WAP album, custom styles, revenue share, ratings, and loads more!

Canopus

"Joel Rowbottom" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 17 Nov 2003 22:01:01 -0800, (duane) wrote:
>
> >Does anybody knows any software that can do this? Free or shareware
> >is preferred, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

> Hiya --
>
> You might try looking for "photo2vcd", which I've had some success
> with in doing what you ask - there is a free version for download
> although it slaps a logo in the corner of your VCDs.
>
> I think they're at www.photo2vcd.com although a quick Google turns
> this up:
> http://www.newfreeware.com/publishers/4002/
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> Joel.

Thanks Joel, this seems to be exactly what I've been looking for too and at
a reasonable price if I want to remove the logo. I was pleased to see that
you can add more than one mp3 file and from what I gather they are
synchronized with the images. Selecting individual image and transition
times is also a nice touch as most slide show applications tend to have a
universal setting for all images and transitions. It doesn't seem to have
zoom and pan features, but, I can work around that.

Downloading the pro trial version now.

Rob

duane

Hey Joel

I am so thrilled!!

Photo2VCD is exactly what I was looking for!!

Thanks so much for your help! =)

duane

Canopus

"duane" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hey Joel
>
> I am so thrilled!!
>
> Photo2VCD is exactly what I was looking for!!
>
> Thanks so much for your help! =)
>
> duane

Hmmm! On the whole it seems to produce good results and not bad quality if
burned as Super AVI, but, I have found a strange issue with it. If I try to
open a saved project I get lots of Access Violation errors which finally
ends in the program crashing and closing. It seems that the mp3 won't load
when loading a saved project. However, if I double click on the pxp project
file in Explorer it automatically opens in P2V correctly with all the images
and music. I've sent a bug report in if it is a bug and don't intend to buy
it until this issue is resolved.

By the way, their banner that is on the trial software is no longer in a
corner of the slide show, but, plastered right across the centre of it.

Hope I can resolve the issue, it's a good program otherwise.

Rob