Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD9 vs. D60 NOISE COMPARISON !!!

SD9 vs. D60 NOISE COMPARISON !!!

Annika1980

Now the truth can be told!

http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original

George Preddy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Now the truth can be told!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original

That's called a very, very blurry sensor. The 6MP Canons are extremely
noisey cameras compared to the SD-9, you can see controlled comparisons in
the link below. While its obvious from the samples that the Canons are
really bad, Canon's NR routines are designed to spread noise beneath the
detection gate of the analysis program dpreview used to generate the graph,
you can see the noise in huge low frequency blobs which successfully fool
the anayisis program as it looks only for high frequency noise. Also note,
dpreview to this day refuses to test a production SD-9, their reveiw SD-9
used beta firmware (as noted on the bottom of the page, even though
production firmware had been released in time). The SD-9's production
firmware halves red noise, and significantly decreases blue and green. The
newest firmware, which is leaking out as we speak, reduces noise even more
and fixes all remaining "issues" with the camera, notably, redering skin
tones differently by default, adjusting the matrix metering, and eliminating
blooming overexposures.

As you can see, Canon isn't competive with SD-9 noise levels even using the
beta firmware dpreview used to generate their review...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/page15.asp

JPS@no.komm

In message <bp80qr$5bj$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As you can see, Canon isn't competive with SD-9 noise levels even using the
>beta firmware dpreview used to generate their review...

>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/page15.asp

Where's the 10D or 300D review? The D60 is three-year-old technology.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Annika1980

>From: "George Preddy" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original
>
>That's called a very, very blurry sensor. The 6MP Canons are extremely
>noisey cameras compared to the SD-9, you can see controlled comparisons in
>the link below.

The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the examples
you have shown.

You say the SD9 has lower noise.
Yet your photos have higher noise levels.

You say the D60 produces jaggies.
Your SD9 images make cat hairs look like a string of beads.

You claim that dpreview is using an early prototype ("beta firmware") for their
tests, and yet your real-world samples suck donkey.

Can you explain why just about everyone who has seen our comparison photos
thinks that the D60 images are superior?

Is everyone else delusional or is it just you?

George Preddy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <bp80qr$5bj$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >As you can see, Canon isn't competive with SD-9 noise levels even using

the
> >beta firmware dpreview used to generate their review...

> >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/page15.asp

> Where's the 10D or 300D review? The D60 is three-year-old technology.

Read the text, dpreview (a Canon commercial) says the D60 outperforms the
10D, which is why it was used (against a beta firmware SD-9).

George Preddy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "George Preddy" (E-Mail Removed)

> >http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original
> >
> >That's called a very, very blurry sensor. The 6MP Canons are extremely
> >noisey cameras compared to the SD-9, you can see controlled comparisons

in
> >the link below.

> The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the

examples
> you have shown.
>
> You say the SD9 has lower noise.
> Yet your photos have higher noise levels.

Not even close, the D60 pic is a real mess. The rest of your post is
similar trolling.

George Kerby

On 11/16/03 1:07 PM, in article
(E-Mail Removed), "Annika1980"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> From: "George Preddy" (E-Mail Removed)

>> http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original
>>
>> That's called a very, very blurry sensor. The 6MP Canons are extremely
>> noisey cameras compared to the SD-9, you can see controlled comparisons in
>> the link below.

> The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the examples
> you have shown.
>
> You say the SD9 has lower noise.
> Yet your photos have higher noise levels.
>
> You say the D60 produces jaggies.
> Your SD9 images make cat hairs look like a string of beads.
>
> You claim that dpreview is using an early prototype ("beta firmware") for
> their
> tests, and yet your real-world samples suck donkey.
>
> Can you explain why just about everyone who has seen our comparison photos
> thinks that the D60 images are superior?
>
> Is everyone else delusional or is it just you?

Anni,
Like I said before, George gives a new definition to the term "the Mind's
Eye"!
LOL!!!

Annika1980

>From: "George Preddy" (E-Mail Removed)

>> The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the

>examples
>> you have shown.
>>
>> You say the SD9 has lower noise.
>> Yet your photos have higher noise levels.

>Not even close, the D60 pic is a real mess. The rest of your post is
>similar trolling.

You're calling ME a troll?
You've been proven to be either delusional, an idiot, or simply a troll.
I'll let you choose.

One thing is certain .... the Totally Digital D60 kicks the Sigma's
poorly-designed butt!

George Preddy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "George Preddy" (E-Mail Removed)

> >> The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the

> >examples
> >> you have shown.
> >>
> >> You say the SD9 has lower noise.
> >> Yet your photos have higher noise levels.

> >Not even close, the D60 pic is a real mess. The rest of your post is
> >similar trolling.

> You're calling ME a troll?
> You've been proven to be either delusional, an idiot, or simply a troll.
> I'll let you choose.
>
> One thing is certain .... the Totally Digital D60 kicks the Sigma's
> poorly-designed butt!

Bill M

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 04:33:23 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >From: "George Preddy" (E-Mail Removed)

>> >http://www.pbase.com/image/23330194/original
>> >
>> >That's called a very, very blurry sensor. The 6MP Canons are extremely
>> >noisey cameras compared to the SD-9, you can see controlled comparisons

>in
>> >the link below.

>> The problem with your arguments is that they are in opposition to the

>examples
>> you have shown.
>>
>> You say the SD9 has lower noise.
>> Yet your photos have higher noise levels.

>Not even close, the D60 pic is a real mess. The rest of your post is
>similar trolling.

OMG...bad enough all the wild ass claims you toss about, now you have
the nerve to call someone a troll because they don't see it your way
(which, by the way includes 99% involved in these threads)? The rest
are right...you're a looney tune, go take your meds, you're coming
unglued foveon boy.