Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon i9100 Versus Epson 1280??????

Canon i9100 Versus Epson 1280??????

Bill Hilton

>From: nobody nowhere http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>If the green light is on, does it mean that the printer is switched off,
>but only on "stand by"?

If the green light is on the printer (1280) is powered up.

Robert Peirce

In article <DEwdQIAHJkt$(E-Mail Removed)>,
nobody nowhere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If the green light is on, does it mean that the printer is switched off,
> but only on "stand by"? Is there a difference between the two? Bill
> recommends switching off from the power switch, which to me suggests
> that the green light should be off as well. Am I right? How do you get
> a 1280/90 to switch off automatically (presumably after a certain period
> of non-use)?
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Robert Peirce <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >In article <zi$xpLA55it$Ewp$@jwhite.demon.co.uk>,
> > nobody nowhere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Now you tell me!! I have never switched off the Epson 1290, could
> >> that be the explanation for repeated clogging? Now that I got myself a
> >> Canon i9100, should I switch the power off when not in use? Thanks in
> >> advance for any comments.

> >I have mine set to switch off automatically and have not experienced any
> >clogs. I don't know what would happen if it stayed on. However, what
> >is the reason to leave it on when it can shut itself offf?
> >

> Nobody

I guess I wasn't clear. I have an i9100. It can be set to power down
after a specified period. It poweers up when you send something to it.
I guess there is something running all the time for this to happen, but
visually it is off.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
(E-Mail Removed) [Mac]

Dr. Slick

Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> 3. More 3rd party stuff, including coninuous feed,
> refill kits, archival ink, etc.
> 4. Has a roll paper holder

When you say refill kits, do you mean just that: you are able to re-fill
an almost empty ink cartridge without having to buy another one?

Like what HP sued that one company for?

Slick

Mark Herring

On 15 Nov 2003 13:52:53 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote:

>Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> 3. More 3rd party stuff, including coninuous feed,
>> refill kits, archival ink, etc.
>> 4. Has a roll paper holder
>> >

> When you say refill kits, do you mean just that: you are able to re-fill
>an almost empty ink cartridge without having to buy another one?

Yes--I now have syringes, ink bottles, and a device to reset the Epson
ship---all for the price of 1.5 sets of cartridges----the ink is
enough for maybe 6 refills

> Like what HP sued that one company for?

Sued them for what---selling ink?

>Slick

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Dr. Slick

Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> > When you say refill kits, do you mean just that: you are able to re-fill
> >an almost empty ink cartridge without having to buy another one?

> Yes--I now have syringes, ink bottles, and a device to reset the Epson
> ship---all for the price of 1.5 sets of cartridges----the ink is
> enough for maybe 6 refills
> >
> > Like what HP sued that one company for?

> Sued them for what---selling ink?

Well, if you can just refill the cartridge, then you don't
have to buy a new one everytime from HP, right?

So this company was selling a refill kit, and HP sued them
to stop it, because so much of their profits were from the inks.

Slick

Mark Herring

On 16 Nov 2003 14:16:08 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote:

>> > Like what HP sued that one company for?

>> Sued them for what---selling ink?
>> >

> Well, if you can just refill the cartridge, then you don't
>have to buy a new one everytime from HP, right?
>
> So this company was selling a refill kit, and HP sued them
>to stop it, because so much of their profits were from the inks.
>

>Slick

Welllllll....Several people are very active selling refill kits for
Epson.
What was the outcome of the HP suit?
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Dr. Slick

Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> > Well, if you can just refill the cartridge, then you don't
> >have to buy a new one everytime from HP, right?
> >
> > So this company was selling a refill kit, and HP sued them
> >to stop it, because so much of their profits were from the inks.
> >

> >Slick

> Welllllll....Several people are very active selling refill kits for
> Epson.
> What was the outcome of the HP suit?

HP won. The company had to stop.

Not very environmentally friendly on the part of HP, is it.

Slick

andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid

Dr. Slick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anything else you folks can add?

Yeah. Whatever printer you get, make sure you can get ICC colour
profiles for the combination of paper and ink you'll be using.

Andrew.

Dr. Slick

(E-Mail Removed)dy (Bill Hilton) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> Look carefully at the Epson 2200, especially if you're selling prints. I'd
> pick it over either the 1280 or the Canons.
>
> Bill

Some people have had problems with glossy paper using the 2200...

Something about archival inks sitting on top of the gloss surface.

Slick

Tom Thackrey

On 18-Nov-2003, (E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed)dy (Bill Hilton) wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >
> > Look carefully at the Epson 2200, especially if you're selling prints.
> > I'd
> > pick it over either the 1280 or the Canons.
> >
> > Bill

> Some people have had problems with glossy paper using the 2200...
>
> Something about archival inks sitting on top of the gloss surface.

I sure haven't seen that. I use glossy with the 2200 daily.

--
Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com