Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can you guess the focal length?

Can you guess the focal length?

JPS@no.komm

In message <bp24ep$aeu$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated (yuck),
>Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

Color is more accurate than the SD9, from what I've seen. The SD9 is
supposed to be more accurate at the pixel level, in theory, but the
filters used have an unnecessarily high Q, and not enough sensitivity to
properly reconstruct color.

THERE ARE NO DISTINCT-RGB SENSORS, PER SE, IN THE SD9.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

George Preddy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <bp24ep$aeu$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated

(yuck),
> >Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

> Color is more accurate than the SD9, from what I've seen.

Color isn't set by the SD-9. Most reviews rate the SD-9 higher. even though
it probably costs them money to say so. With the release of SPP2 it's
higher still.

> The SD9 is
> supposed to be more accurate at the pixel level, in theory, but the
> filters used have an unnecessarily high Q, and not enough sensitivity to
> properly reconstruct color.
>
> THERE ARE NO DISTINCT-RGB SENSORS, PER SE, IN THE SD9.

Have you seen the SD-9 histogram?

And have you notced anything interesting about SSP2? It processes RGB
differently, it fixes some clipping issues and changes the default tone of
yellows (as a minimum, I'm still playing with it). It also shows that the
very overexposed, next to underexposed, highlight blooming phenomenom wasn't
sensor charge leaking as many had thought, including me. It's fixed with
SPP2. It'll be interesting to see the new night scenes.