Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can you guess the focal length?

Can you guess the focal length?

George Preddy

http://www.pbase.com/image/23237724/large

Bonus points:
Can you guess the price (including the tripod but not including the
curtain)?

Justin F. Knotzke

<quote who= George Preddy email=(E-Mail Removed)/>:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/23237724/large
>
> Bonus points:
> Can you guess the price (including the tripod but not including the
> curtain)?

Can you say "one trick pony"?

Seriously Georgie, give it a rest already.

Justin F. Knotzke
http://www.shampoo.ca PGP: http://www.shampoo.ca/pubkey.txt
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously - Noam Chomsky

Darrell

600mm f:8 Stigma mirror with a 3x Stigma teleconverter= 1,200mm f:16
x1.7=2,040mm. Mounted on a cheap plastic tripod

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bots63$lrq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.pbase.com/image/23237724/large
>
> Bonus points:
> Can you guess the price (including the tripod but not including the
> curtain)?

George Preddy

Right answer, wrong math.

How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

" Darrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newskvsb.6106$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com...
> 600mm f:8 Stigma mirror with a 3x Stigma teleconverter= 1,200mm f:16
> x1.7=2,040mm. Mounted on a cheap plastic tripod
>
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bots63$lrq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/23237724/large
> >
> > Bonus points:
> > Can you guess the price (including the tripod but not including the
> > curtain)?

Darrell

why is the math wrong? Price, why Nobody sells Sigma cameras here in Ottawa

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bottvo$nck$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right answer, wrong math.
>
> How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?
>
> " Darrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newskvsb.6106$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com...
> > 600mm f:8 Stigma mirror with a 3x Stigma teleconverter= 1,200mm f:16
> > x1.7=2,040mm. Mounted on a cheap plastic tripod
> >
> > "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bots63$lrq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://www.pbase.com/image/23237724/large
> > >
> > > Bonus points:
> > > Can you guess the price (including the tripod but not including the
> > > curtain)?

Kevin

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:12:23 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

A penny? I figured the clues were given with your obsession with
shooting pennies.
--
E-mail: (E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Zawrotny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?
>>

> A penny? I figured the clues were given with your obsession with
> shooting pennies.

Overpriced.

Mark M

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bottvo$nck$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right answer, wrong math.
>
> How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

George Preddy

"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bottvo$nck$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Right answer, wrong math.
> >
> > How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

> Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

But they didn't outperform the competition by any measure.

The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated (yuck),
Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

Mark M

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp24ep$aeu$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bottvo$nck$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Right answer, wrong math.
> > >
> > > How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

> > Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

> But they didn't outperform the competition by any measure.
>
> The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated

(yuck),
> Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

I'll keep my 10D, thanks.