Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advanced inkjet printing

Advanced inkjet printing

Mark Herring

I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
printing. Topics might include:

3rd party inks
continuous feed systems
archival inks
paper (media)
mounting
monochrome printing

If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")

Thanks

Mark
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Bill Hilton

>From: Mark Herring http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
>possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
>printing. Topics might include:
>
>3rd party inks
>continuous feed systems
>archival inks
>paper (media)
>mounting
>monochrome printing

Seems like all of these topics are covered on the various Yahoo groups
dedicated to digital printing issues, but you might have to search around a bit
to find the exact right one.

Bill

Gets my vote.

Michael Meissner

Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
> possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
> printing. Topics might include:
>
> 3rd party inks
> continuous feed systems
> archival inks
> paper (media)
> mounting
> monochrome printing
>
> If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
> groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")
>
> Thanks

You might want to check out dpreview.com's Printers and Printing forum. I've
seen posts on most of these topics on a regular basis (I don't recall that many
monochrome printing posts, but I may have forgotten about them, since at
present I'm not as interested in the topic):

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Winston

Mark Herring <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
> possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
> printing. Topics might include:
>
> 3rd party inks
> continuous feed systems
> archival inks
> paper (media)
> mounting
> monochrome printing
>
> If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
> groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
> **************************

There's a newsgroup called something like comp.periphs.printers

That would be a great place to start.

> Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
> Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

T. Phillips

Yahoo groups has many groups for just this thing.
Do a yahoo group search for black&white, fine art prints. inkjets , epson
printers
If you can't find them email me direct and I will give you the exact group
names.
Good day,
Toby

"Mark Herring" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
> possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
> printing. Topics might include:
>
> 3rd party inks
> continuous feed systems
> archival inks
> paper (media)
> mounting
> monochrome printing

Rafe B.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:24:29 -0800, Mark Herring
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
>possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
>printing. Topics might include:
>
>3rd party inks
>continuous feed systems
>archival inks
>paper (media)
>mounting
>monochrome printing
>
>If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
>groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")

There are three groups in particular on Yahoo to suit
your interests:

Epson_Printers
EpsonWideFormat
Canon-printers

Given that you want to talk about CISs and 3rd party inks,
that mostly points to Epson, though Canon is catching up.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

George Preddy

Highly recommend reading the cover story interview in Shutterbug, Nov 2003.