Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Selective Highlighting

Reply
Thread Tools

Selective Highlighting

 
 
RG1202
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-10-2003
I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I have a
picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit behind the
others and that put his face in a shadow.
Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids. Its
for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate and I
would like to help her.
Thanks in advance,
Rick
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mick Ruthven
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-10-2003
Ask on the Retouching forum on www.dpreview.com.

"RG1202" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I

have a
> picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit behind

the
> others and that put his face in a shadow.
> Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
> picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids.

Its
> for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate

and I
> would like to help her.
> Thanks in advance,
> Rick



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2003
RG1202 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I have a
>picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit behind the
>others and that put his face in a shadow.
>Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
>picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids. Its
>for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate and I
>would like to help her.


Elements 2.0 has a "Fill Flash" menu item that lightens dark areas.
Don't know if that's in v1. Enhance > Adjust Lighting

--
Ray Fischer
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Don Coon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2003

"Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp09cl$7ld$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RG1202 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I

have a
> >picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit

behind the
> >others and that put his face in a shadow.
> >Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
> >picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids.

Its
> >for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate

and I
> >would like to help her.

>
> Elements 2.0 has a "Fill Flash" menu item that lightens dark areas.
> Don't know if that's in v1. Enhance > Adjust Lighting


Or you can select the area you want to lighten using either the "magic Wand"
or "Lasso" tool and lighten it.


 
Reply With Quote
 
RG1202
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2003
>Or you can select the area you want to lighten using either the "magic Wand"
>or "Lasso" tool and lighten it.


Thats what I figured out and it worked out very good. Thanks to all.
Rick
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selective file sharing? what the heck? =?Utf-8?B?c3B1ZGx5?= Wireless Networking 5 01-27-2006 08:17 PM
Selective File Sharing permissions on small workgroup. =?Utf-8?B?SlAgQXBvbGxv?= Wireless Networking 2 10-11-2005 12:30 PM
Selective delete of auto complete list in Firefox? Jim Firefox 2 03-06-2005 07:38 PM
Selective DataGrid =?Utf-8?B?TGlsbGlhbg==?= ASP .Net 1 06-02-2004 08:01 PM
Selective Validation Using Validator Controls Bobby Maul ASP .Net 2 05-27-2004 07:27 AM



Advertisments