Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Requesting digtial camera images

Requesting digtial camera images

George Preddy

If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an unprocessed
and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion on
the web site linked below? All makes and models of digital cameras are
welcome and highly encouraged to particilpate. The details, and several
images are already on this website...
http://www.pbase.com/pennychallenge/crops

If interchangable, any lens is fine (several images using different lenses
is even better) as long as the required FOV is clearly depicted. Please
leave original exif intact and if it doesn't detail enough info, or the lens
information, please include that with your reply.

Please do not reply to this message unless you intend to contribute
constructively. Thanks so much!

Bob Hatch

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boojrf$s40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an

unprocessed
> and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion

on
> the web site linked below?

No, go away George.

--
"The Iraqi people are grateful to America and are
optimistic about their future -- which means they have

Bob Hatch

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bootn8$34o$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > No, go away George.

> Please do not respond unless you intend to contribute constructively.
>
> I already know there are many who would rather not publically share out of
> camera quality with others. This thread is not for them, it is for people
> who are willing to help others make informed choices by providing simple
> honest information, be it good or bad.

It's usenet George and I'll post any damn time I want to. Don't like it,
tough s**t.

Go away George.
--
"The Iraqi people are grateful to America and are
optimistic about their future -- which means they have
nothing in common with the Democratic party." --J.D. Hayworth
http://www.bobhatch.com

George Preddy

"Bob Hatch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:booomv$1gc402$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:boojrf$s40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an

> unprocessed
> > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion

> on
> > the web site linked below?

> No, go away George.

Please do not respond unless you intend to contribute constructively.

I already know there are many who would rather not publically share out of
camera quality with others. This thread is not for them, it is for people
who are willing to help others make informed choices by providing simple
honest information, be it good or bad.

Harry Da Hat

On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an
> unprocessed
> and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion
> on
> the web site linked below?

Would love to, except the file is 12.4mb.

Harry

--

Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

mailto: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

George Preddy

"Harry Da Hat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMTrb.18928$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...

> On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an
> > unprocessed
> > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion
> > on
> > the web site linked below?

> Would love to, except the file is 12.4mb.

No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in an
email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

I don't get it George.

Why are you saying "out of camera unprocessed" when there is absolutely no
such thing for a SD9? You couldn't be attempting to rig the test again could
you?

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bootn8$34o$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bob Hatch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:booomv$1gc402$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:boojrf$s40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an

> > unprocessed
> > > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for

inclusion
> > on
> > > the web site linked below?

> > No, go away George.

> Please do not respond unless you intend to contribute constructively.
>
> I already know there are many who would rather not publically share out of
> camera quality with others. This thread is not for them, it is for people
> who are willing to help others make informed choices by providing simple
> honest information, be it good or bad.

Harry Da Hat

On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in
> an
> email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
> limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

Well, investigating my ISP's storage space for the first time, roadrunner
only gives the user 5mb worth of storage space, so there goes my linking
idea, unless you would like me to crop a portion of the image, but that
doesn't qualify as 'out of the camera' then, does it George?

Harry

--

Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

mailto: (E-Mail Removed)

Harry Da Hat

On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in
> an
> email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
> limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

Well, George, I cropped the image down to 2.5mb and the exif data is gone to
show that it was untouched by human hands after coming from the camera, thus
rendering the image useless in the competition, if you want to call it that.
I DO NOT. I call it a waste of time. I was willing to post the original
12.5mb image to show what an image coming directly from the
Fuji 4900z camera looks like uncompressed, supposedly with a minimum of
in-camera processing, according to the exif data.

Harry

--

Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

mailto: (E-Mail Removed)

Mark Herring

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:48:42 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please do not reply to this message unless you intend to contribute
>constructively.

This from our favorite evangelist who CONSISTENTLY refuses to respond
directly to people's comments, in spite of numerous challenges to do
so.

So--George: If you cant have the courtesy to reply directly to the
literally HUNDREDS of posts explaining flaws in your positions, then I
think many of us would rather have you go do something else.
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".