Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > USB Card reader does not show up in win Explorer? Win2k

USB Card reader does not show up in win Explorer? Win2k

lbbs

When I plug in my USB Device ( compact flash card reader) it does not show
up in windows explorer (my computer list)(win 2k) pro). So I usually
have to unplug the card reader from the usb port and plug it back it and
then it will recognize it. Why would that be.

Alien Zord

"lbbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I plug in my USB Device ( compact flash card reader) it does not

show
> up in windows explorer (my computer list)(win 2k) pro). So I usually
> have to unplug the card reader from the usb port and plug it back it and
> then it will recognize it. Why would that be.

Did you install the driver that came with the adaptor? Win2k does not
feature native support for memory card readers, WinMe and WinXP do.

lbbs

yest I installed the drivers that came with the reader. I have a
different card reader at work,
but that one has no problems.

news:boomtd$1gboat$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...