Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Holding a small camera.

Holding a small camera.

Irwell

Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
when taking shots.
JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

jjs

(Irwell) wrote:

> Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
> when taking shots.
> JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
> to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

I don't know what camera it is, but if the viewfinder is on the top or
left, then you might consider holding it upside-down.

Joseph Meehan

There is no one right way. Different cameras and different people will
need different ideas. BTW jjs has a great idea that must of us would miss.
Be creative and find what works for you. This is one reason I try to
recommend anyone buying a camera get their hands on it before they buy one.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Irwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
> when taking shots.
> JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
> to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

Hans-Georg Michna

(E-Mail Removed) (Irwell) wrote:

>Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
>when taking shots.
>JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
>to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

The only important point is to hold it still, particularly with
longer exosure times and longer zooms.

If at all possible, lean the camera on or against something, the
more contact points, the better (two better than one, for
example).

Push the shutter through in a slow and continuous movement of
the finger. The danger here is that any jerky shutter push will
shake the camera.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Leicaddict

(E-Mail Removed) (Irwell) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
> when taking shots.
> JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
> to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

Irwell

On 9 Nov 2003 08:49:13 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Leicaddict) wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Irwell) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
>> when taking shots.
>> JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
>> to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

>Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
>probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
>check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
>off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

Has the lodger been at your missus again?

Alan Browne

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `'
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Leicaddict wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Irwell) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
>>when taking shots.
>>JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
>>to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

> Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
> probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
> check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
> off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

Alan Browne

> On 9 Nov 2003 08:49:13 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Leicaddict) wrote:
>>
>>Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
>>probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
>>check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
>>off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

> Has the lodger been at your missus again?

.... that would explain a few things ...

Alan Browne