Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Scanning Slides

Scanning Slides

Gordon Niessen

I had a friend scan some slides with his flatbed scanner that has a
slide attachment. But the contrast seems bad and they are very dark.
Anyone have some recommendations of a scanner for under $300 that can
do a better job? My dad has a lot of slides that I would like to save
digitally.

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

CSM1

"Gordon Niessen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had a friend scan some slides with his flatbed scanner that has a
> slide attachment. But the contrast seems bad and they are very dark.
> Anyone have some recommendations of a scanner for under $300 that can
> do a better job? My dad has a lot of slides that I would like to save
> digitally.
>
> --
> Gordon Niessen
> If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

Wayne Fulton has a list of current film scanners. 2700-2800 ppi scanners are
somewhat less than $300.
http://www.scantips.com/basic13f.html

The Minolta Scan Dual III is very popluar.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Gordon Niessen

CSM1 wrote:

> http://www.scantips.com/basic13f.html

Thanks, good review list and choice of scanner.

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

Christian

Gordon Niessen wrote:

> I had a friend scan some slides with his flatbed scanner that has a
> slide attachment. But the contrast seems bad and they are very dark.
> Anyone have some recommendations of a scanner for under $300 that can
> do a better job? My dad has a lot of slides that I would like to save
> digitally.

If you're after a flatbed then check out the Epson 3200.