Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Photo Image File Renaming

Digital Photo Image File Renaming

Vladimir Veytsel

Please find at the link below the program for renaming digital photo
image files using date and time recorded by camera with the image.

http://www.davar.net/MISCL/DOWNLOAD/RENPHOT.HTM

Formal and easily achieved image file name consistency simplifies
organization and maintenance of large picture archives.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Veytsel.

user@domain.invalid

I use PicL.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/picl/

PicL (pronounced pickle) stands for Picture Labeler. PicL is a Java
application that names image files. Its main focus is to provide an easy
way to name image files produced by digital cameras using Exif information.

Easy GUI, does the job perfectly, free, runs on any platform,
no abundance of features that you don't need

Best regards,
Ronny

ps. I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg
Slightly longer names (i don't see 8.3 file format as an issue
anymore today). Allowa my archive grow beyond one year, assures
unique filenames, at least for the picture i taake.
I never update a picture, i make a copy and save it as
%y%m%d-%HH%MM%SSa.jpg

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

> I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg

Maybe if the base 10 logarithm of the number of your images in your
collection was about 2 or 3. Do you enjoy thousands of files in one
directory?

%y/%m/%d/%HH%MM%SS.jpg

is much more managable.

Ronny De Winter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
>

>>I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg

> Maybe if the base 10 logarithm of the number of your images in your
> collection was about 2 or 3. Do you enjoy thousands of files in one
> directory?

No i don't. I also store them per day in my archive %y/%m/%d/
The point is that i also create directories/CDs/websites and the likes
with galleries containing pictures from different dates.
My formatting always allows me to find the original pictures back,
create annotations, edit a new version of the picture, etc...