Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson 7600 ink mointer software??

Epson 7600 ink mointer software??

Serial # 19781010

I am wanting to accuratly asses my cost of making prints with my Epson
7600. I know the printer comes with status mointer but I really want
to know exact amounts for each print. I think this is possible as
when the ink gets low I get a 7% and on down reading after each print.
Does anyone know of any such software or has anyone done
determinations of cost for their printing. I print mostly on Canvas
and Epson Enhanced matte.

Thanks for any help

Bob j.

CSM1

"Serial # 19781010" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am wanting to accuratly asses my cost of making prints with my Epson
> 7600. I know the printer comes with status mointer but I really want
> to know exact amounts for each print. I think this is possible as
> when the ink gets low I get a 7% and on down reading after each print.
> Does anyone know of any such software or has anyone done
> determinations of cost for their printing. I print mostly on Canvas
> and Epson Enhanced matte.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Bob j.

You do know that the Epson Status monitor gives a false report. It is
designed to sell ink cartridges.

Epson Status monitor does not read the actual ink, It reads a chip on the
cartridge that is set by the printer to whatever it wants to display.

There is only one way to access the true cost of ink. Get a cartridge chip
resetter, reset the chip when the status monitor says you are out of ink,
continue to use the cartridge until no more ink. Replace the Cartridge,
count every page that you print until the cartridge is really empty again
(reset the chip when ink monitor says empty.)

Epson's Estimated cost per square foot, in US Dollars,
http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/00...ot%20Table.pdf

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Bob Hatch

"Serial # 19781010" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am wanting to accuratly asses my cost of making prints with my Epson
> 7600. I know the printer comes with status mointer but I really want
> to know exact amounts for each print. I think this is possible as
> when the ink gets low I get a 7% and on down reading after each print.
> Does anyone know of any such software or has anyone done
> determinations of cost for their printing. I print mostly on Canvas
> and Epson Enhanced matte.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Bob j.

The printer has a built in function that will print a report on ink used and
paper used for your last 9 jobs. It is accessed on the printer by pressing
the SelecType once, then the down arrow button once and you will see the
words Test Print, Press the SelecType button once, the Press the down arrow
button until you see the Job Info, press the SelecType button the press
enter. A report will print that will show exact amount of ink used on each
of the last 9 jobs.

--
"Just as the Left was anti-anticommunist,
so too then are they anti-antiterrorist." --Robert Spencer

Bob Hatch

"CSM1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:asRpb.760$(E-Mail Removed) y.com...

> You do know that the Epson Status monitor gives a false report. It is
> designed to sell ink cartridges.
>
> Epson Status monitor does not read the actual ink, It reads a chip on the
> cartridge that is set by the printer to whatever it wants to display.
>
> There is only one way to access the true cost of ink. Get a cartridge chip
> resetter, reset the chip when the status monitor says you are out of ink,
> continue to use the cartridge until no more ink. Replace the Cartridge,
> count every page that you print until the cartridge is really empty again
> (reset the chip when ink monitor says empty.)

IMO this would be a really dumb thing to do with a 7600. The amount of ink
in the ink tubes is significant and I think would require a recharge of the
system. I've taken one of the 220 carts apart when the printer said it was
empty and the amount of ink remaining in the ink bag was insignificant.

Want to know the true cost run the report.

--
"Just as the Left was anti-anticommunist,
so too then are they anti-antiterrorist." --Robert Spencer
http://www.bobhatch.com
http://www.boycottcbs.com

Harry Da Hat

The status monitor is not an accurate way of measuring ink, according to an
Epson tech that I spoke with. It is more of an estimate than anything else.
Supposedly, this depends upon the printer model as well.
Has me confused too!

Serial # 19781010

Thank you for the info!! I have always relied upon this group and it
has never let me down. I have been reading and posting here since
1996.

Thanks for this and everything along the way.

Bob Johnson

www.rfjphotography.com