Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Rechargeable batteries

Rechargeable batteries

Richard Erde

If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

Robertwgross

Richard wrote:
>If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
>lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

It seems like we just covered this same ground with you the other day. CRV3 is
a primary lithium battery. Two AA NiMH rechargeable batteries have a totally
different chemistry. There is a totally different amount of energy density. To
put it another way, you are comparing apples and oranges.

---Bob Gross---

Ron Hunter

Richard Erde wrote:

> If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
> lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

The chemistry of the CRV3 battery is much different. The energy density
is higher, and the battery is lighter (if that matters). The
disadvantage is that the CRV3 isn't rechargeable, and costs several
times as much as two NIMH rechargeable. However, if you use your camera
intermittently and store it for months unused, the CRV3 is a good
choice. I estimate the cost/picture on my camera to be about $.03. Not
prohibitive for occasional use.

Richard Erde

Thanks. I had to post again because I didn't see my original post via
Outlook Express.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...