Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Rebel - alternate lens recommendation?

Digital Rebel - alternate lens recommendation?

at

Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:

As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

TIA.

Ray Fischer

at)FinancialDataCorp.com (Bob Mariotti <R.Mariotti> wrote:
>Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
>$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
>
>As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
>should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
>recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

Sure. Canon makes lots of lenses. Got $500 to spend?

--
Ray Fischer

o\(**\)o

Keep the 18-55mm it is a great lens for the money. Great for wide angle
pics. I bought the Canon 75-300mm IS lens for my telephoto and despite the
sub par reviews it produces excellent pics. The 28-135 IS lens is also a
great pick. Check out the pics on
http://dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1031

<R.Mariotti (at) FinancialDataCorp.com (Bob Mariotti)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
> $100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
>
> As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
> should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
> recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?
>
> TIA.

Chris Brown

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
at)FinancialDataCorp.com (Bob Mariotti <R.Mariotti> wrote:
>Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
>$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
>
>As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
>should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
>recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

You just made one: the Canon 28-135 USM IS is a pretty decent "walk-around"
lens.

I've just purchased a Canon 20-35 USM lens for my 10D, which I'm warming to
rather quickly, but that's already a smaller zoom range than the kit lens,
which would seem to be one of your major considerations.

Pierre Bellavance

The Canon 17-40L lens is just great.

I use it on my 10D.

Pierre

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 03:39:07 GMT, R.Mariotti(at)FinancialDataCorp.com
(Bob Mariotti) wrote:

>Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
>$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
>
>As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
>should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
>recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?
>
>TIA.

Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my email address in the "Email To" window of your program
if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.