Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > S2pro and Nikkor non D

S2pro and Nikkor non D

Ivek incKaid

How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they say
that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
Nikkors?
Please help!

max

"Ivek incKaid" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:bo2q9k$du0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they say
> that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
> Nikkors?
> Please help!

It works but you loose the exposure meter.
The lens can be upgraded with a chip I think
Rorslet on the net talkes about that. ;o)-max-

Paolo Pizzi

Ivek incKaid wrote:

> How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they
> say that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D
> version Nikkors?
> Please help!

AF lenses without a D chip will still work on the D100 and S2,
but, of course, without the 3D metering.

JR

In article <TG7pb.23585$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Ivek incKaid" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:bo2q9k$du0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they say
> > that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
> > Nikkors?
> > Please help!

> It works but you loose the exposure meter.
> The lens can be upgraded with a chip I think
> Rorslet on the net talkes about that. ;o)-max-

No, you are thinking about the AI lenses....the AF lenses will work and
meter just fine, just no 3d matrix flash metering.

JR

Brian Zinchuk

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <TG7pb.23585$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> "max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > "Ivek incKaid" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
> > news:bo2q9k$du0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they

say
> > > that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D

version
> > > Nikkors?
> > > Please help!

I have a Sigma 600mm fixed f/8 mirror that is fully manual, i.e. no CPU, no
D or G. All you do is put focus on manual, the S2 Pro on manuatl or
aperature priority, guess at the shutter speed you're going to need, and
backet a few test shots. Then when you review them, run a histogram on each
one, and find a shutter speed that gives you the histogram you are working
for. Set your shutter at that speed on manual, and just to be safe, bracket
each shot. With a 512 MB card, you should be able to get everything you're
looking for. This technique should work from most older Nikkor and F-mount
lenses.

Let me know how it works out.
Brian Zinchuk
brian.zinchuk@REMOVE THISsasktel.net