Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > memory card for Casio EXILIM EX-Z4 digital camera

memory card for Casio EXILIM EX-Z4 digital camera

Robert Kim

Hi, all. I have to plead ignorance on this as I don't deal with memory
cards a lot but I'm trying to purchase a Secure Digital 256 MB memory card
for the subject camera. It seems that there is a SD memory card and a SD
flash memory card. Are these just 2 different names for the same card?
Is a flash memory card just the same as a memory card? If not, could
anyone recommend which one I need?

TIA,

Bob

Michael

Hi

These are all names for the same thing. Flash Memory is the term for all of
the different formats of memory card, Secure Digital (SD) is one of the
formats.

Just to confuse the issue a bit, your camera can also use MultiMedia Cards
(MMC) which are usually 10% - 20% cheaper than SD

Michael

"Robert Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) urdue.edu...
> Hi, all. I have to plead ignorance on this as I don't deal with memory
> cards a lot but I'm trying to purchase a Secure Digital 256 MB memory card
> for the subject camera. It seems that there is a SD memory card and a SD
> flash memory card. Are these just 2 different names for the same card?
> Is a flash memory card just the same as a memory card? If not, could
> anyone recommend which one I need?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bob

Robert Kim

Thanks, Michael! A big help. Now I can complete my Christmas shopping!

Bob