Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Merging/combining similar images?

Merging/combining similar images?

Hmmm...

Say I have several, slightly different, digital photographs of the same
thing, but at such a low resolution as to be unusable. Is there a way to
combine the information from all the photos, perhaps the way that
astronomers combine images from several radio telescopes, so as to get a
better, higher resolution image?

TIA

Bart van der Wolf

"Hmmm..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_jwob.84602$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Say I have several, slightly different, digital photographs of the same
> thing, but at such a low resolution as to be unusable. Is there a way to
> combine the information from all the photos, perhaps the way that
> astronomers combine images from several radio telescopes, so as to get a
> better, higher resolution image?

The stacking of images improves the signal to noise ratio. Unfortunately it
doesn't improve resolution.

Bart