Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Compact Flash versus Memory Stick

Compact Flash versus Memory Stick

Laurence Koster

Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?

Laurence

Andrew

Laurence Koster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
> the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?

Memory sticks make fleshtones look yellow.

Anndrew

Steven M. Scharf

"Laurence Koster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
> the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?

CF is cheaper, and available in higher capacity.

Memory stick is faster than regular CF, but there are
high speed CF cards available.

Even Sony has now added CF to their upcoming SLR-like camera, the F-828.

In short, don't by a camera that can use only memory stick.

FOR7b

>CF is cheaper, and available in higher capacity.
>
>Memory stick is faster than regular CF, but there are
>high speed CF cards available.
>
>Even Sony has now added CF to their upcoming SLR-like camera, the F-828.
>
>In short, don't by a camera that can use only memory stick.

Very bad advice. Who cares what storage media a camera uses. They all do the
same thing , store images. To reject a better camera because of the type of
storage media it uses is silly.

FOR7b

>> Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
>> the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?

>Memory sticks make fleshtones look yellow.
>
>Anndrew

Huh??? You're joking, right?

(E-Mail Removed)

JohnO

"when choosing a camera" don't get into the either/or about which memory it
takes. You are better off getting a camera that has the features you want,
need and like, regerdless of the memory.

I guess if you have a large investment of one or the other that would sway
you to that type of camera but if you have none or even a modest investment
in either, go with the camera, not the media it uses.

Having said that, I have both Memory Stick and Compact Flash cameras and the
advantages of one over the other are not enough to list this one is better
than that one and should not be a determining factor.

Go for the camera you want!

"Laurence Koster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
> the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?
>
> Laurence

JohnO

news:bnm6ft$kbr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Laurence Koster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Compact Flash versus Memory Stick - when choosing a camera, what are
> > the advantages and disadvantages of these two media?

> Memory sticks make fleshtones look yellow.
>
> Anndrew

Did you forgot to read the directions? I'm guessing you must have put it
in bassackwards!

ERich10983

Having used both, and including SmartMedia as well, I think that the storage
medium is about last on the things you should consider when buying a new
camera.

Earle Rich
Mont Vernon, NH

Sláine

Tell that to everyone who bought a Betamax VCR!

Sláine

"FOR7b" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >CF is cheaper, and available in higher capacity.
> >
> >Memory stick is faster than regular CF, but there are
> >high speed CF cards available.
> >
> >Even Sony has now added CF to their upcoming SLR-like camera, the F-828.
> >
> >In short, don't by a camera that can use only memory stick.
> >

> Very bad advice. Who cares what storage media a camera uses. They all do

the
> same thing , store images. To reject a better camera because of the type

of
> storage media it uses is silly.
>

> (E-Mail Removed)

fusQuanto