Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Windows XP and perl

Windows XP and perl

Amy G

I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

Mike Simone

"Amy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<arByb.23699$9O5.635@fed1read06>...
> I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
> the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

Amy G -

I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
the download from ActiveState at
http://www.activestate.com/Products/...?id=ActivePerl.
But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
(or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
okay.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mike Simone

Amy G

Both the Win98 download and the NT download give me an error message:

"Wrong OS or OS version for application."

Any ideas?

"Mike Simone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Amy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither

of
> > the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

> Amy G -
>
> I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
> the download from ActiveState at
> http://www.activestate.com/Products/...?id=ActivePerl.
> But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
> path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
> You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
> and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
> (or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
> okay.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Simone

Amy G

Problem solved.

"Mike Simone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Amy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither

of
> > the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

> Amy G -
>
> I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
> the download from ActiveState at
> http://www.activestate.com/Products/...?id=ActivePerl.
> But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
> path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
> You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
> and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
> (or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
> okay.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Simone

Nick Santos

> Problem solved.
>
> "Mike Simone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Amy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > > I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows.

Neither
> of
> > > the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

> > Amy G -
> >
> > I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
> > the download from ActiveState at

http://www.activestate.com/Products/...?id=ActivePerl.
> > But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
> > path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
> > You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
> > and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
> > (or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
> > okay.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Mike Simone

> I'm running XP (pro) and installed perl. It works beautifully. The only

configuration I had to do was with my web server.
-Nick

Mike Simone

"Amy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<VvQyb.24994$9O5.12764@fed1read06>...
> Problem solved.

<snip>

Amy G -

What was the issue? I'm a total newbie, so any info is appreciated...

Sincerely,

Mike Simone