Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question for Ron Barird of Kodak

Question for Ron Barird of Kodak

Jackof-the-Dust

Hi Ron,

What is with the Kodak Multi-Card Reader and its software. Worked great on
my old system with USB 1.0 card and Windows 98.
Now running Windows 98 on a newer system with USB 2.0 with backward
compatability. Installation of the software drivers version 1.0 raise the
devil with everything.
any advise would be appreciated.
I am thinking of just putting my USB 1.0 PCI card int he box and trying
that.

Thanks in advance
Ed

Ed E.

Why bother Ron with something that can be replaced with a newer $20 reader?
I think he has better things to do than be the technical support for any and
all Kodak products.

Kev Richards

have you tried the latest driver version 1.13
get it here
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...m=Windows%2098
or unless you really need USB 2.0 switch to USB 1.0 in the bios
also USB ports are prone to power problems
make sure your not overloading the port with a conbination of other devices

hope this helps

"Jackof-the-Dust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:txcnb.196049$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Ron,
>
> What is with the Kodak Multi-Card Reader and its software. Worked great on
> my old system with USB 1.0 card and Windows 98.
> Now running Windows 98 on a newer system with USB 2.0 with backward
> compatability. Installation of the software drivers version 1.0 raise the
> devil with everything.
> any advise would be appreciated.
> I am thinking of just putting my USB 1.0 PCI card int he box and trying
> that.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ed

Ron Baird

Greetings Jack,

I would say that the easiest and quickest solution to your situation is try
installing the PCI Card to see if that resolves the issue.

If not, and I am glad to help further, can you tell me more about what is
happening when you try to install? How far can you get - does it actually
try to find the drivers? It is possible to point the system to the CD you
have in the following folder.

c:\ProgramFiles\Kodak\040A_5005

This folder should have the drivers for your reader. You can try pointing
the driver update wizard to the folder, but the .inf file should have
installed to the Windows \inf folder. Check out this option, might work.

Let me know how you make out. We can move on from your report.

Talk to you soon, Jack,

Ron Baird
Kodak