Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lens Reflection

Lens Reflection

Gun_Maddie

I have a G2 and was taking some pictures of my daughter over the
weekend. I am new to photography, etc. The one shot that I really
like where she is smiling there is a reflection on one or her eyes. I
took the picture around 10:00 am. I was facing east, I figure I
caught the sun just at the correct angle. Oh well I will learn,
eventually. My question is this is there a software program out there
that can fix this?

I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?

Thanks

Joe Thibodeau

Eyes always reflect ... I think the term is catch light ... take a look at
the eyes of any model in a magazine and you can tell what kind of lighting
arrangement was used. If you see rectangle white it was a softbox, etc. I've
seen photographs where the models eyes revealed the photographer and
everything surrounding the photograper.

"Gun_Maddie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have a G2 and was taking some pictures of my daughter over the
> weekend. I am new to photography, etc. The one shot that I really
> like where she is smiling there is a reflection on one or her eyes. I
> took the picture around 10:00 am. I was facing east, I figure I
> caught the sun just at the correct angle. Oh well I will learn,
> eventually. My question is this is there a software program out there
> that can fix this?
>
> I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
> of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
> limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
> purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?
>
> Thanks

Bill

Hi,
There are a lot of programs that can help you fix this and other problems.
There is one called "Infranview" which is free online. For the ones you can
purchase, there are several out there. Most people swear by PhotoShop by
Adobe Software, which I use on occasion . But it's expensive and may be
overkill for what you need for casual shots. I use PhotoStudio by ArcSoft.
The new version 5.5 (around $60) does most of what PhotoShop does for 1/8
the price. There are others, but I have never used those so I can't comment.
Hope this helps a little!
Bill

"Gun_Maddie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have a G2 and was taking some pictures of my daughter over the
> weekend. I am new to photography, etc. The one shot that I really
> like where she is smiling there is a reflection on one or her eyes. I
> took the picture around 10:00 am. I was facing east, I figure I
> caught the sun just at the correct angle. Oh well I will learn,
> eventually. My question is this is there a software program out there
> that can fix this?
>
> I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
> of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
> limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
> purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?
>
> Thanks

Matt.

If you want to stay with the Adobe product line, you could try Adobe
Photoshop Elements. It has most of the Photoshop capabilities, but is (I
found, anyway) easier to learn. It is also considerably less expensive.

"Gun_Maddie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have a G2 and was taking some pictures of my daughter over the
> weekend. I am new to photography, etc. The one shot that I really
> like where she is smiling there is a reflection on one or her eyes. I
> took the picture around 10:00 am. I was facing east, I figure I
> caught the sun just at the correct angle. Oh well I will learn,
> eventually. My question is this is there a software program out there
> that can fix this?
>
> I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
> of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
> limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
> purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?
>
> Thanks

FOR7b

>> I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
>> of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
>> limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
>> purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?
>>
>> Thanks

Try Paint Shop Pro 8. It is the closest you will get to full Photoshop for the
price. If you want to do alot of repetitive tasks then Elements, as was
previously recommended is not not recommended because it does not have such a
feature to automate.

Omega

How do you do that in Irfanview? I have a few images like that. I was tolt
this is a reflection of the lenses.