Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > red eye reduction

red eye reduction

Terry

A great number of photos were taken at a recent company function and most
have severe red eye problems. I am in charge of correcting them. I tried
Irfanview with which you click and drag a box acrooss the red eye area, and
then it turns the inside of that box black. The problem with this is the
red area is round and the box rectangular. The photos end up having people
with black boxes in the middle of their eyes and it looks funny.
I have old versions of Paint Shop Pro 4.0 and PhotoShop 5.0 on my computer.
Is there an easy way I can use either of these to correct the red eye
problem to get more natural looking results? If so please be specific with
instructions as I am a real newbie at this and have almost no knowledge of
how to use either program. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.
Terry

Jeff

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements because of its excellent editing capability
and would recommend it to anyone who wants to edit digital photos. One of
its features is many great features is red eye removal. This tool allows
the selection of a sample colour, and the application of this colour with a
variable sized round applicator. The tool leaves highlights in the centre
and does not colour the entire eye one colour.

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A great number of photos were taken at a recent company function and most
> have severe red eye problems. I am in charge of correcting them. I tried
> Irfanview with which you click and drag a box acrooss the red eye area,

and
> then it turns the inside of that box black. The problem with this is the
> red area is round and the box rectangular. The photos end up having

people
> with black boxes in the middle of their eyes and it looks funny.
> I have old versions of Paint Shop Pro 4.0 and PhotoShop 5.0 on my

computer.
> Is there an easy way I can use either of these to correct the red eye
> problem to get more natural looking results? If so please be specific with
> instructions as I am a real newbie at this and have almost no knowledge of
> how to use either program. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
> Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.
> Terry

Bob Thomas

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:28:07 -0500, "Terry"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A great number of photos were taken at a recent company function and most
>have severe red eye problems. I am in charge of correcting them. I tried
>Irfanview with which you click and drag a box acrooss the red eye area, and
>then it turns the inside of that box black. The problem with this is the
>red area is round and the box rectangular. The photos end up having people
>with black boxes in the middle of their eyes and it looks funny.
>I have old versions of Paint Shop Pro 4.0 and PhotoShop 5.0 on my computer.
>Is there an easy way I can use either of these to correct the red eye
>problem to get more natural looking results? If so please be specific with
>instructions as I am a real newbie at this and have almost no knowledge of
>how to use either program. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
>Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.
>Terry

The current Paintshop Pro has a fantastic red-eye removal feature. You
can not only remove the red eye but adjust it to suit the size of the
iris, the amount of glint in the eye, the colour of the eye etc etc.
best I've ever seen.

Bob T.