Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > fuji s602z dust in lens

fuji s602z dust in lens

someone

although I had added an adaptor tube and filter combo soon after I bought
my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
out. is there any way I can get rid of them?

Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee

If you say the dust remains constant, if you zoom in and out it should be in
the same area of the frame if on the sensor or a pixel, otherwise it could
be dust. Dust in a lens is usually of no consequence, but in a very short
focal length lens like you have in the 602, it could be. I'm not sure.

someone

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:18:16 -0000, "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee"
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted:

>If you say the dust remains constant, if you zoom in and out it should be in
>the same area of the frame if on the sensor or a pixel, otherwise it could
>be dust. Dust in a lens is usually of no consequence, but in a very short
>focal length lens like you have in the 602, it could be. I'm not sure.

they are little black dots. looking at the lcd, they are in the same place
whether I use the zoom or not. I tried wiping the front of the lens with a
lens cloth, but it didn't help. what can I do?

Not Very

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:40:49 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote:

> although I had added an adaptor tube and filter combo soon after I bought
> my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
> problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
> out. is there any way I can get rid of them?

That sounds more like dust on the CCD. Not easy to do it yourself.

someone

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:19:03 +1100, Not Very <(E-Mail Removed)>
posted:

>On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:40:49 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote:
>
>> although I had added an adaptor tube and filter combo soon after I bought
>> my 602, it has finally succumbed to dust. it doesn't seem to be a pixel
>> problem as the position of the black spots are constant when zooming in and
>> out. is there any way I can get rid of them?

>That sounds more like dust on the CCD. Not easy to do it yourself.

anybody sent it back to fuji for servicing? how much would it cost?