Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon/Nikkor lens for D100

Nikon/Nikkor lens for D100

James

Can anyone tell me if my old Lense's that I used on my Nikon F2 AS
camera, will work with my D100. I understand if they do work it will
be a complete manual operation, setting Aperture and speed and such.

I dont see a model number on the lense's but what is stamped on them:

nikon nikkor 28mm 1:3.5 1789815
Micro-nikkor 55mm 1:3.5 991654
nikon nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 4123558

I have one other Nikon 200mm lens, but cant find it at this point.

Just dont want to try to attach it to the camera body and damage it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

James

hobart

Don't take what I say as the gospel, BUT...I have been looking pricing and
shopping for the D100 myself this past week. I was talking to a very
knowledgeable sales rep and asking him many questions about backwards
computability for my Nikon lenses and sb25 flash. The Autofocus lenses will
work of course, but he said the manual ones will not. I was very bombarded
with new information and didn't think to ask him why non AF Nikon lenses
will not work.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me if my old Lense's that I used on my Nikon F2 AS
> camera, will work with my D100. I understand if they do work it will
> be a complete manual operation, setting Aperture and speed and such.
>
> I dont see a model number on the lense's but what is stamped on them:
>
> nikon nikkor 28mm 1:3.5 1789815
> Micro-nikkor 55mm 1:3.5 991654
> nikon nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 4123558
>
> I have one other Nikon 200mm lens, but cant find it at this point.
>
> Just dont want to try to attach it to the camera body and damage it.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
>
> James

PeteZ

try here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1030

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me if my old Lense's that I used on my Nikon F2 AS
> camera, will work with my D100. I understand if they do work it will
> be a complete manual operation, setting Aperture and speed and such.
>
> I dont see a model number on the lense's but what is stamped on them:
>
> nikon nikkor 28mm 1:3.5 1789815
> Micro-nikkor 55mm 1:3.5 991654
> nikon nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 4123558
>
> I have one other Nikon 200mm lens, but cant find it at this point.
>
> Just dont want to try to attach it to the camera body and damage it.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
>
> James

Gavin Cato

They'll physically fit fine. They won't meter however. You'll need to use
them in manual mode.

If you need metering with those old lenses, you'll want a D1/D1h/D1x

Gav

news:(E-Mail Removed)...