Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best price for Multimedia Card? (SD card)

Best price for Multimedia Card? (SD card)

SlugBug

I recently bought a new Argus/Cintar digital camera for $45. I am very
happy with it, because it is obviously superior to other models I have had
in the past.

This camera uses multimedia cards for expansion. I was wondering if any
of you have come across these cards (or SD cards, which are compatible)
for under 30 cents a megabyte. I would like to expand its memory by at
least 128 MB, but don't want to spend much more than I did on the camera
itself to do so.

Thanks,

SlugBug

ABE

Wal-Mart
"SlugBug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently bought a new Argus/Cintar digital camera for $45. I am very
> happy with it, because it is obviously superior to other models I have had
> in the past.
>
> This camera uses multimedia cards for expansion. I was wondering if any
> of you have come across these cards (or SD cards, which are compatible)
> for under 30 cents a megabyte. I would like to expand its memory by at
> least 128 MB, but don't want to spend much more than I did on the camera
> itself to do so.
>

> Thanks,
>
> SlugBug

Jkpoulos7

I don't know if you have Best Buy stores. A 128 mb sd card is $49.99 US with a
$10 mail in rebate.

EtherGnat

> This camera uses multimedia cards for expansion. I was wondering if any
> of you have come across these cards (or SD cards, which are compatible)
> for under 30 cents a megabyte. I would like to expand its memory by at
> least 128 MB, but don't want to spend much more than I did on the camera
> itself to do so.

Sam's Club has the 128MB SD Card for $43.87. You can get a 128MB MMC
for $35 after rebate, shipping included from Newegg.com (a company I
have ordered from several times in the past).

Mark M

"SlugBug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently bought a new Argus/Cintar digital camera for $45. I am very
> happy with it, because it is obviously superior to other models I have had
> in the past.
>
> This camera uses multimedia cards for expansion. I was wondering if any
> of you have come across these cards (or SD cards, which are compatible)
> for under 30 cents a megabyte. I would like to expand its memory by at
> least 128 MB, but don't want to spend much more than I did on the camera
> itself to do so.

256MB SD card at Costco: $64
= $0.25/MB

Steven M. Scharf

"SlugBug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently bought a new Argus/Cintar digital camera for $45. I am very
>happy with it, because it is obviously superior to other models I have had
>in the past.
>
> This camera uses multimedia cards for expansion. I was wondering if any
>of you have come across these cards (or SD cards, which are compatible)
>for under 30 cents a megabyte. I would like to expand its memory by at
>least 128 MB, but don't want to spend much more than I did on the camera
>itself to do so.

Costco sells the 256MB SD cards for $70 which is 27.3 cents per
megabyte, but this is more than the camera costs.

I can't believe that whoever bought the Argus name went so far as to
name a low end digital camera after a classic rangefinder 35mm
camera.

Which model is it that you have? I don't see any on the Argus web site
that use SD, only CF or SM.
http://www.arguscamera.com/digital.html

What models of camera did you have in the past that this camera
is superior to?