Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help with Kodak DX-6490

Help with Kodak DX-6490

Rudy Garcia

I am having difficulty in locating a travel charger for the DX-6490 and
a spare KLIC-5001 1700mAH battery.

It seems that with the camera being so new and since it is bundled with
a dock (in North America) no local places carry the charger and extra
battery.

I have seen the K5000 travel charger, but it seems to work with the
KLIC-5000 battery which has a smaller storage capacity.

I am afraid the Kodak web site is not too helpful in this regard,
calling the charger Item# 8312548 and the 1700mAH batter Item# 1064062
and that is all the information it gives.

Has anybody found a place that will sell what I need through the mail?

--
Rudy Garcia

Ron Baird

Greetings Rudy,

We have been working diligently to get accessories onto the web. Actually
they are already on the Rite2U store though we have not yet edited our
website links. I am working on getting that in place. Try going to Rite2U
using the

http://digitalimagingstore.rite2u.com

On that site search for the item using the following numbers. You will find
pages listed both the charger and the battery.

8802019 = charger

1064062 = battery

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions.

Ron Baird
Kodak

"Rudy Garcia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having difficulty in locating a travel charger for the DX-6490 and
> a spare KLIC-5001 1700mAH battery.
>
> It seems that with the camera being so new and since it is bundled with
> a dock (in North America) no local places carry the charger and extra
> battery.
>
> I have seen the K5000 travel charger, but it seems to work with the
> KLIC-5000 battery which has a smaller storage capacity.
>
> I am afraid the Kodak web site is not too helpful in this regard,
> calling the charger Item# 8312548 and the 1700mAH batter Item# 1064062
> and that is all the information it gives.
>
> Has anybody found a place that will sell what I need through the mail?
>
> --
> Rudy Garcia

Rudy Garcia

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I did go to the web site you mentioned.

I did a search for the charger using the 8802019 part number you gave
me. It came back with a 128MB Multimedia card.

The part number you gave me for the battery is the correct one, but it
is out of stock.

--
Rudy Garcia