Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > School Daze - a new photo exhibition

School Daze - a new photo exhibition

Mads Pedersen

Hi group,

The school I went to as a kid has been shut down and is about to be
demolished. A fine day not too long ago I went back to the school for the
first time in (counting on fingers) 13 years.

I took a stroll on the school grounds and in parts of what used to be my
home town. Although the abandoned school and the town had obviously changed
it still made me remember a lot of things about my school days and about
growing up.

I brought back some photos for my digital shoebox. These photos tell a story
of my school daze.

School Daze
..: http://www.madspedersen.com/exhibiti...xhibitionid=20

Enjoy!

// Mads
--
To contact me visit http://www.madspedersen.com/

Nick Hopton

In a recent message
<BBB9F064.58FC2%to.contact.me.visit.madspedersen.c (E-Mail Removed)>, Mads
Pedersen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote.

[...]
>The school I went to as a kid has been shut down and is about to be
>demolished.

[...]

How old is that school, only about thirty years by the look of it? Here
in England our schools have to *fall* down before they are replaced.
Very shaming.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Hopton and Anne Hopton
Caversham, Reading, England

Mads Pedersen

>> School Daze
>> .: http://www.madspedersen.com/exhibiti...xhibitionid=20

> From: Nick Hopton <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:49:45 +0100
> Subject: Re: School Daze - a new photo exhibition
>
>> The school I went to as a kid has been shut down and is about to be
>> demolished.

> [...]
>
> How old is that school, only about thirty years by the look of it? Here
> in England our schools have to *fall* down before they are replaced.
> Very shaming.

Part of the school is from 1906. Other parts are from 1923. You're probably
right that the rest is around 30 years old.

They are shutting down the school because it is cheaper to have two schools
than three smaller schools in the town.

// Mads
--
To contact me visit http://www.madspedersen.com/