Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S200 "force flash" option missing

Canon S200 "force flash" option missing

C Osbourne

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Canon S200, which
I'm generally happy with, but somehow the icon
that indicates "Force Flash" is no longer in
the group of flash options I can select. All
the others are there, such as no flash, or auto
select flash, but the force flash option is gone.

Anyone here know how this happened, or how I
can re-instate this option as it was originally?

It was probably something I did, but I can't
figure out what caused this.

Also, are these cameras flashable, and if so,
how do you tell what version of firmware is in
the camera?

Thanks for taking the time to answer here.

Doc

"C Osbourne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have recently purchased a Canon S200, which
> I'm generally happy with, but somehow the icon
> that indicates "Force Flash" is no longer in
> the group of flash options I can select. All
> the others are there, such as no flash, or auto
> select flash, but the force flash option is gone.
>
> Anyone here know how this happened, or how I
> can re-instate this option as it was originally?
>
> It was probably something I did, but I can't
> figure out what caused this.
>
> Also, are these cameras flashable, and if so,
> how do you tell what version of firmware is in
> the camera?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to answer here.

I'm not familiar with that particular model but on many digital cameras, the
availability of features often depends what shooting mode you're in-- Auto,
Program, Portrait, Sports, etc. Try putting it into a different mode and see
if it reappears.

If all else fails, there's always the owner's manual

Doc

Saif

I'm having the same issue. Anything backlit (even if its the open sky)
doesnt set off the flash. People come out dark and almost like
silhouttes. HELP ME SOMEONE!!!