Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Voice memo is very useful...

Voice memo is very useful...

Don Szenina

I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
audio of the event in the picture. Fur instance, if I'm taking a
picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture. I use JASC
Photo Album 4 for albums and slide shows. I have used this
extensively with my last 3 cameras (Epson 3000Z, Epson 3100Z, and Fuji
S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
momemt!

elemar@comcast.net

Don Szenina <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[...]

Although I have never used it, the Nikon D100 has it if you buy the
battery pack that attaches to the bottom of the camera.

Ray

--
E. Ray Lemar http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Dan R

Just bought a Nikon D100 w/ MBD100 Batt Pak. I do the same thing with audio
and slide shows.

My Videographer buddy says "You really wanna be a Videographer!" haha

regards,
Dan R.

"Don Szenina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
> use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
> audio of the event in the picture. Fur instance, if I'm taking a
> picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
> seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
> comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
> slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture. I use JASC
> Photo Album 4 for albums and slide shows. I have used this
> extensively with my last 3 cameras (Epson 3000Z, Epson 3100Z, and Fuji
> S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
> with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
> camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
> picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
> momemt!

R Neutron

(E-Mail Removed) (Don Szenina) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
> use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
> audio of the event in the picture. Fur instance, if I'm taking a
> picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
> seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
> comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
> slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture. I use JASC
> Photo Album 4 for albums and slide shows. I have used this
> extensively with my last 3 cameras (Epson 3000Z, Epson 3100Z, and Fuji
> S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
> with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
> camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
> picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
> momemt!

My son-in-law is building an addition on to their house and we've been
kinda cast in the role of "documentarians". Having a great time at it
too. I'm using the voice memo a lot. If not just to record the
hammering woodbanging and uncut occasional swearing, its great.
Sometimes I just record with the lenscover on (pushed to the extended
time of I think 10-15 seconds) and it makes a great imagination
enhancer while viewing your pics.

Proffesor Kleinschmidt

> I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
> use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
> audio of the event in the picture.

I used to do this decades ago with a cassette recorder. Now looking at
the pictures brings back SOME memory of the past event, but when you play
a few seconds of sound, you remember a lot more about that event than the
picture reminded you of.

> Fur instance, if I'm taking a
> picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
> seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
> comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
> slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture.

If you are going that far, and making a presentation, you might want to
consider using the movie mode.

> S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
> with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
> camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
> picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
> momemt!

Actually, rather than wasting memory by using sound on the camera, I still
use a separate recorder and microphone. Plus, the microphone and quality
of the audio is much better than what is in the camera.

Proffesor Kleinschmidt

> My Videographer buddy says "You really wanna be a Videographer!" haha

That IS pretty funny.