Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > First 2 Weeks of Rebel 300D Portfolio

First 2 Weeks of Rebel 300D Portfolio

Andrew

This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
sooner !

In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would have
learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera

Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most welcome.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/

Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.

Andrew

Victoria, Australia

This Old Man

URL no work

news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> sooner !
>
> In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would

have
> learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera
>
> Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most welcome.
>
> http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
>
> Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.
>

> Andrew
>
> Victoria, Australia

Andrew

http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/

This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other people
have a similar problem let me know.

Andrew

"This Old Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EnJkb.33464$(E-Mail Removed)...
> URL no work
>
> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> > sooner !
> >
> > In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would

> have
> > learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera
> >
> > Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most welcome.
> >
> > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
> >
> > Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.
> >

> > Andrew
> >
> > Victoria, Australia

Bob

Impressive! Did you use the lens that comes with the kit?

Bob

news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> sooner !
>
> In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would

have
> learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera
>
> Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most welcome.
>
> http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
>
> Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.
>

> Andrew
>
> Victoria, Australia

Andrew

Yes Bob

That's the 18-55 mm, anything in particular you like Bob? IU want to
concentrate on what people like to see.

Andrew

newskKkb.4195$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Impressive! Did you use the lens that comes with the kit?
>
> Bob
>

> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> > sooner !
> >
> > In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would

> have
> > learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera
> >
> > Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most welcome.
> >
> > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
> >
> > Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.
> >

> > Andrew
> >
> > Victoria, Australia

Bob

Andrew,

It's hard for me to articulate what I like about the pictures since I'm not
a photography pro (and I don't play one on tv).

Besides the interesting compositions, the overall color seems very natural
(not over saturated, as in the "Yellow" pic), although I know that some of
the pics have been altered. The almost-sepia look of "Thinking" caught my
eye. The liquid shots, I found, are especially interesting. "Dizzy Sky"
shows the good the noise-reduction function of the 300D.

I think it's time for me to get one of these gems. I've got several old
Canon-compatible lenses (for an old Elan), so why wait (I ask myself)?

Bob

news:AoKkb.158222$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes Bob
>
> That's the 18-55 mm, anything in particular you like Bob? IU want to
> concentrate on what people like to see.
>
> Andrew
>

> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newskKkb.4195$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > Impressive! Did you use the lens that comes with the kit?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> > > sooner !
> > >
> > > In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I

would
> > have
> > > learnt so quickly with a normal SLR Camera
> > >
> > > Her is a link to my first Pictures, your comments would be most

welcome.

> > > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
> > >
> > > Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.
> > >

> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > Victoria, Australia

Andrew

Thanks for the comments ! I am wondering what you do play on TV

I agree why wait especially If you have compatible Lenses. I have been
waiting for 10 Years to get a GOOD digital camera, I think this is it. I am
in the Computer industry and had to by one else were and not at wholesale
(that killed me) but I ended up getting one from:

http://www.centre.net.au/Sandisk_256...rd_0007TY.html in OZ

It doesn't look link your in Australia so that info probably wont help you,
never the less anyone else who is watching that's $300 off RRP but it
appears to come from Canada and is Budged a Rebel not a EOS 300D.

Good luck, and thanks Bob

Andrew

Geelong Australia.

news:RVKkb.3441$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Andrew,
>
> It's hard for me to articulate what I like about the pictures since I'm

not
> a photography pro (and I don't play one on tv).
>
> Besides the interesting compositions, the overall color seems very natural
> (not over saturated, as in the "Yellow" pic), although I know that some of
> the pics have been altered. The almost-sepia look of "Thinking" caught my
> eye. The liquid shots, I found, are especially interesting. "Dizzy Sky"
> shows the good the noise-reduction function of the 300D.
>
> I think it's time for me to get one of these gems. I've got several old
> Canon-compatible lenses (for an old Elan), so why wait (I ask myself)?
>
> Bob
>

> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AoKkb.158222$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes Bob
> >
> > That's the 18-55 mm, anything in particular you like Bob? IU want to
> > concentrate on what people like to see.
> >
> > Andrew
> >

> > "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newskKkb.4195$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > > Impressive! Did you use the lens that comes with the kit?
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >

> > > "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)...

one

> would
> > > have

> welcome.

pictures.

Jim Townsend

Andrew wrote:

> http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
>
> This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other people
> have a similar problem let me know.
>
> Andrew

All I get is:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.bigpond.user.com"

Gerhard Beulke

In article <z3Ikb.158081$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
> sooner !

Nice pics.
What lens did you use?

Cheers
Gerhard

--

Looking for a dream holiday?
http://www.palmcove.net/

HRosita

Hi,

the link works for me.
I was wondering if you used a tripod or if all your pictures are hand held.
Some of them look a little soft. However I am impressed by the range of the
camera in low light and I also like your cat.
Rosita