Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Multiple input lines

Multiple input lines

Elizabeth Gary

How can I enter in multiple input lines to an array? Example:

Enter your mailing address:

7660 Eyespy Court
Clinton, Mississippi 32322

When I try to do this perl just sits and waits for Ctrl-D or Ctrl-C and
quits my program.

Leonard

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Elizabeth Gary wrote:
> How can I enter in multiple input lines to an array? Example:
>
> Enter your mailing address:
>
> 7660 Eyespy Court
> Clinton, Mississippi 32322
>
> When I try to do this

What is "this"? How about showing us the code you have so far?

Anyway, these suggestions might be what you need:

$address[0] = <STDIN>;

or

push @address, scalar <STDIN>;

This group is defunct, so you'd better use comp.lang.perl.misc instead.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson