Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Compact Flash Cards for Canon 300D

Compact Flash Cards for Canon 300D

Terry Malin

Just purchased a Canon Rebel 300D. This is my first digital camera. Can
anyone recommend which brand/type compact flash would work best with
this camera.

Todd Walker

> Just purchased a Canon Rebel 300D. This is my first digital camera. Can
> anyone recommend which brand/type compact flash would work best with
> this camera.

I use primarily Viking in my 10D and I've never had a problem with them.
Sandisk, Lexar, Transcend, and Simple Tech are also good brands. Don't
pay extra for "high speed" cards -- the camera writes fast enough and
has a large enough buffer that write speed won't be an issue.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Seriously ?, I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
like the 300D.

--
Tony

(E-Mail Removed)ISH

Remove the fish to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

stan@temple.edu

Terry Malin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just purchased a Canon Rebel 300D. This is my first digital camera. Can
> anyone recommend which brand/type compact flash would work best with
> this camera.

I just bought the same camera on Friday night. I am no expert, but I
have a pair of 256MB SanDisk CP I cards and one PNY 256MB CP I card. They
all worked well when I tried them in my camera yesterday.

I think the two key differences between one CP card and the next is the
speed and capacity. The higher the capacity and the faster the speed
of the card, the more expensive it will cost.

RustY©

"><((((º>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmth2s$19g7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seriously ?, I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
> like the 300D.

The only time that write speed will be an issue is if you use 'multiple
shot' mode and fill the buffer. Then you have to wait whilst the camera
writes enough data to the card before you can take another shot. In normal
use most folks will never get to that stage.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Fred McKenzie

<< I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
like the 300D >>

I thought the camera could only write to the card at one speed. To take
advantage of a faster card, wouldn't you need a camera with a faster writing
character-rate?

Fred

Rob Galbraith found different findings here :

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-6425
--
Tony

(E-Mail Removed)

`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
"RustY©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "><((((º>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmth2s$19g7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Seriously ?, I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
> > like the 300D.

> The only time that write speed will be an issue is if you use 'multiple
> shot' mode and fill the buffer. Then you have to wait whilst the camera
> writes enough data to the card before you can take another shot. In normal
> use most folks will never get to that stage.

The 300D has a sports mode that takes repeating shots with tracking
autofocus. If that's a feature you need, the card speed will make a
difference.

Unfortunately, downloading from the camera is ridiculously slow. Get a
card reader or buy a card with USB support built in.

Lionel

Word has it that on Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:13:18 +1100, in this august
forum, "><\(\(\(\(º>" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>Seriously ?, I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
>like the 300D.

No, unfortunately. The 10D & 300D write quite slowly. On the bright
side, it means that you can save money by using cheap CF cards.

Lionel

Word has it that on 19 Oct 2003 19:49:59 GMT, in this august forum,
(E-Mail Removed) (Fred McKenzie) said:

><< I thought a higher speed card would be a benefit in a camera
>like the 300D >>
>

>I thought the camera could only write to the card at one speed. To take
>advantage of a faster card, wouldn't you need a camera with a faster writing
>character-rate?

Yes, that's correct.