Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital camera/binoculars

digital camera/binoculars

Brian Colwell

Has anyone had any experience with the *Galileo* model.
I know they have low resolution, but I was wondering if they would be any
good to use at airshows ?

I have a decent c5050 but it is not really suitable for this kind of
photography.

Thanks, BMC

DigitalCameraBasics

These all use cheap CMOS chips (same you find in inexpensive web cams), and
while they offer zoom, they do not produce highly detailed images. Not good
for an airshow.

Though they cost more, consider on the the New Panasonic models with 12X
zoom with image stabilization.

Greg

"Brian Colwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any experience with the *Galileo* model.
> I know they have low resolution, but I was wondering if they would be any
> good to use at airshows ?
>
> I have a decent c5050 but it is not really suitable for this kind of
> photography.
>
> Thanks, BMC

Brian Colwell

"DigitalCameraBasics" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JRdkb.1681$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> These all use cheap CMOS chips (same you find in inexpensive web cams),

and
> while they offer zoom, they do not produce highly detailed images. Not

good
> for an airshow.
>
> Though they cost more, consider on the the New Panasonic models with 12X
> zoom with image stabilization.
>

> Greg
>

> "Brian Colwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Has anyone had any experience with the *Galileo* model.
> > I know they have low resolution, but I was wondering if they would be

any
> > good to use at airshows ?
> >
> > I have a decent c5050 but it is not really suitable for this kind of
> > photography.
> >
> > Thanks, BMC

Thanks Greg, I thought as much !....The concept seem pretty interesting,
if it can be improved upon.

BMC