Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > DBI error

DBI error

Laszlo

Hi everybody

I am a beginner in Perl DBI.
The following dummy code

"
#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
#
use DBI;
"

returns this error message:

"
DBI object version 1.34 does not match $DBI::VERSION 1.35 at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 249.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/DBI.pm line 255.
Compilation failed in require at dbi01.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at dbi01.pl line 1.
"

What is wrong ?

Colin McSwiggen

I'm far from being an expert when it comes to the DBI, but if you're getting
a version mismatch it's probably a good idea for you to update your copy of
DBI.pm and the related files.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Laszlo) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi everybody
>
> I am a beginner in Perl DBI.
> The following dummy code
>
> "
> #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> #
> use DBI;
> "
>
> returns this error message:
>
> "
> DBI object version 1.34 does not match $DBI::VERSION 1.35 at
> C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 249.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/DBI.pm line 255.
> Compilation failed in require at dbi01.pl line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at dbi01.pl line 1.
> "
>
> What is wrong ?

Nick Santos

I too am far from being an expert, however, I'd agree. if that little
snippet alone generates an error, it sounds like your version of perl has a
problem with your version of DBI, and so while you're upgrading DBI, I'd
recommend upgrading your perl installation as well. Also(remember that I'm
just guessing) it looks like something is stating that your DBI version is
different than perl thinks it should be, which would further indicate that
maybe an upgrade is needed

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...