Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Spare battery for S45

Spare battery for S45

JN

hi all,

i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay, there is
no shortage of listing for non-OEM batteries. it looks like i can pick
them up all day long for about $10/piece. some of them say "higher
cap, premium japanese cells", etc.

are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy OEM?

thanks.

CNT

From what I read around, it is suggested to buy only Canon brand batteries.
There has been reports that other brands giving short lives.

Chuck

> i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay

Doc

"CNT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From what I read around, it is suggested to buy only Canon brand

batteries.
> There has been reports that other brands giving short lives.
>
> Chuck

If short life is their only drawback, they're probably a good deal-- $10 for
an aftermarket vs. $50 for a Canon brand. You could throw out 5 of them for
the price of 1 Canon.

Doc

Aardvark

"JN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all,
>
> i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay,

there is
> no shortage of listing for non-OEM batteries. it looks like i

can pick
> them up all day long for about $10/piece. some of them say

"higher
> cap, premium japanese cells", etc.
>
> are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy

OEM?

> thanks.

I've been using 3rd party batteries for my G3 and 300D with no
ill effects. They have higher capacities too.

Tony

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f915a88$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi all,
> >
> > i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay,

> there is
> > no shortage of listing for non-OEM batteries. it looks like i

> can pick
> > them up all day long for about $10/piece. some of them say

> "higher
> > cap, premium japanese cells", etc.
> >
> > are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy

> OEM?
> >
> > thanks.

> I've been using 3rd party batteries for my G3 and 300D with no
> ill effects. They have higher capacities too.

Are you using the Canon charger? If so, do you have any problems charging
these higher capacity batteries to their max?