Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus E-10 lithium batteries

Olympus E-10 lithium batteries

LoboMike

Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do it?
I couldn't find anything in the manual.

TIA
--
LoboMike

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around." Texas Bix Bender

Charlie Self

LoboMike asks:

>Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do it?
>I couldn't find anything in the manual.

No, they are not rechargeables.

Charlie Self

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

Markyt

No, these are not rechargeable. They have a very long shelf live and high
capacity but they cannot be recharged. I keep a set in my E-20n bag for
emergency use only just in case I exhaust my two sets of nickel-hydrides (or
if they're not charged).

Mark

"LoboMike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LNvjb.58491$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do

it?
> I couldn't find anything in the manual.
>
> TIA
> --
> LoboMike
>
> "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
> somebody else's dog around." Texas Bix Bender

Todd Walker

In article <LNvjb.58491$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>,
> Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do it?
> I couldn't find anything in the manual.
>
> TIA

What lithium batteries are you talking about? The ones that come with
the camera? If so then no they are not. If you are talking about the
lithium ion batteries that are used with the accessory grip then of
course they are.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

LoboMike

Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
need to empty the battery compartment?

Same for using a DPS9000?

Thanx again and yes I was speaking of the Olympus lithium batteries.

TIA
--
LoboMike

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around." Texas Bix Bender

"LoboMike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LNvjb.58491$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Dumb question: are these rechargeable (I assume so)? If so how do you do

it?
> I couldn't find anything in the manual.
>
> TIA
> --
> LoboMike
>
> "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
> somebody else's dog around." Texas Bix Bender

Todd Walker

In article <59yjb.58599$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
> need to empty the battery compartment?

No.

> Same for using a DPS9000?

The DPS9000 plugs into the same plug as the AC adapter so yes you have
to disconnect it when using AC power.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker
http://twalker.d2g.com/canon10d
My Digital Photography Weblog:
http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm
_________________________________

Patrick L.

"LoboMike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:59yjb.58599$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Thanx, now for another dumb one; when using the external AC adapter do you
> need to empty the battery compartment?
>
> Same for using a DPS9000?

I don't know about the AC adapter, but I do remove the AAs when I use the
DPS9000. However, Since I can get over 500 images on two sets of NIMHs,
I rarely have to get out the DPS9000. But I did have to use it on one
particular very long wedding. I use it as back up, and I don't like using
is since I put my flash unit on a stroboframe bracket, and that frame, with
the DPS9000, is very awkward.

Patrick