Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Capture vs Photoshop RAW Plug-in

Nikon Capture vs Photoshop RAW Plug-in

Cooter

Are there any opinions / facts regarding which does the better job with RAW
images - Nikon Capture or Photoshop with the RAW plug-in?

sympatico.news

The raw plug in wins this contest hands down. It allows you to interpolate
the image to a larger size directly from the raw capture and offers far more
exposure and colour control over the image before it is converted to a 16
bit file for photoshop editing. The closer you can get the iamge to how you
want it before changing to 16 bit the better quality your final image will
be. The only feature of the raw plugin I dont like is the sharpening which
doesnt have the control that unsharp mask does in Photoshop. I therefore
turn the sharpening right off in the raw plugin.

You can also save your basic settings to apply to multiple images shot in
the same conditions.

news:TqCib.12$(E-Mail Removed)...