Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > weird kodak dc280 problem

weird kodak dc280 problem

gabbo

I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a strange
problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of all
of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out what
might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Ron Hunter

gabbo wrote:

> I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a strange
> problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of all
> of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
> viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
> screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out what
> might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

Probably time for a new camera. I think Kodak will repair the old one
for $150. You can probably pick up a better one new for not much more
than that.

Eric Gisin

In article <LDzib.107943$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a strange
> problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of all
> of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
> viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
> screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out what
> might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have any
> suggestions?

Sell it on ebay, you will get at least 50$.

Ron Baird

Yikes Gabbo,

Have you tried different memory cards? Try updating the firmware? Can you
see any pin damage? Try leaving the batteries out of the camera for a
while. Not sure what else to suggest other than using the camera for a
trade in to a better model. Kodak will give you $50 toward a new camera,
even if it is not working.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Kodak

"gabbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LDzib.107943$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> I have a Kodak DC280 that is several years old that has developed a

strange
> problem. Just starting today, I am getting a black border at the top of

all
> of my photos. This was never there before and it cuts off a portion of my
> viewing area. This black border at the top also shows up in the on-camera
> screen. I have gone through every setting possible and can't figure out

what
> might have changed. I know this is an older camera but does anyone have

any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

gabbo

Ron,

Thanks for the suggestions - I have tried different cards, ran without
batteries (on AC adapter), but I haven't checked for pin damage or updated
the firmware. Both easy enough to do, I will check out tonight.

However, I'm almost resigned to buying a new camera...

Thanks

news:bmn1hh$9bo$(E-Mail Removed)...