Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > please help with https upload !

please help with https upload !

aditya

Hi,

I am running Apache 1.3.27 over win2k...and my scripting language is
perl...

problem is that I have written a code in VB which lets the user
connect to the webserver using HTTPS ..the authorization is
alright..but when I try to upload a base64 encoded file...the response
from the webserver is error 414, URI too long...I dont know what to
do..!! The file is hardly 30 kbs..!!! Probably some configuration
parameter is to be added in httpd.conf which I am missing.

Other thing is.. before this problem happened, I was submitting the
encoded file as is..with the line feeds which are present after every
76 characters..when I used a perl script to retrive the value of the
parameter, I only get the encoding till the first line feed... this is
my POST request:

POST /org/PRACTICE1/dlg-add-toaspire?userId=ADMIN&p=r++E6YxEmSK7mInVBtc2g&serv ice=doc_add&content=datetime=200310302320&_f_objec t=encodedContentsOfTheFileWhichDOesntGetUploaded

Please help me asap! Deadline is near !!

Thanks !
Aditya K

Brian McCauley

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (aditya) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I am running Apache 1.3.27 over win2k...and my scripting language is
> perl...
>
> problem is that I have written a code in VB which lets the user
> connect to the webserver using HTTPS ..the authorization is
> alright..but when I try to upload a base64 encoded file...the response
> from the webserver is error 414, URI too long...I dont know what to
> do..!!

First, start looking at the right end - if the URL that's being
generated is too long then the problem is in the client - i.e. the VB
code.

This newsgroup does not exist (see FAQ). If it did it would not be
the place to ask about problems in your VB code.

> POST /org/PRACTICE1/dlg-add-toaspire?userId=ADMIN&p=r++E6YxEmSK7mInVBtc2g&serv ice=doc_add&content=datetime=200310302320&_f_objec t=encodedContentsOfTheFileWhichDOesntGetUploaded

Looks like it's trying to encode a the data as per a GET request not
as per a POST request.

> Please help me asap! Deadline is near !!

Speak to the person who provided the VB code, ask if it supports
encoding of form data for a POST request.