Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 100% crop

100% crop

o\(**\)o

May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
a regular crop?

o(**)o

Trev

"o(**)o" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
: May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
from
: a regular crop?

IT delets all
:
: o(**)o
:
:

Brad

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid said...

> "o(**)o" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
> from
> : a regular crop?
>
> IT delets all

I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

Stewy

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid said...

> "o(**)o" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
> from
> : a regular crop?
>
> IT delets all

I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

What good is one pixel? Let's be imprecise and call it all?

Brad

In article <bm3pjv$jc3$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
said...

> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)lid said...
> >
> > "o(**)o" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
> > from
> > : a regular crop?
> >
> > IT delets all

>> I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
>> the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

> What good is one pixel? Let's be imprecise and call it all?

1 pixel is better than none.

Todd Walker

In article <tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)>, "o\(**\)o"
<(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
> a regular crop?
>
> o(**)o

It is a method of showing the quality of a full size file from a digital
camera without having to post the whole image. If I want to show you how
great the resolution is on my camera, a resized 640x480 picture doesn't
do much good. So what I would do is to crop out a 640x480 section of the
ORIGINAL image and post that on the web. You would only see a portion of
the picture but the pixels that you are looking at are straight out of
the camera. It's "100%" in that you haven't resized the image and it's a
"crop" in that you have cropped a portion of the image. The phrase "100%
crop" however is a bit of a misnomer.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Alan Browne

Todd Walker wrote:

> In article <tA7hb.43$(E-Mail Removed)>, "o\(**\)o"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>
>>May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
>>a regular crop?
>>
>>o(**)o
>>

> It is a method of showing the quality of a full size file from a digital
> camera without having to post the whole image. If I want to show you how
> great the resolution is on my camera, a resized 640x480 picture doesn't
> do much good. So what I would do is to crop out a 640x480 section of the
> ORIGINAL image and post that on the web. You would only see a portion of
> the picture but the pixels that you are looking at are straight out of
> the camera. It's "100%" in that you haven't resized the image and it's a
> "crop" in that you have cropped a portion of the image. The phrase "100%
> crop" however is a bit of a misnomer.

It may be misleading to the uninitiated, but not a misnomer. Your
description is right on.