Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Don't Reply to OT THREADS

Don't Reply to OT THREADS

Brothermark

As tempting as it is to send a witty reply to the massively OT threads
floating around, please resist. You are only fueling the fire.

If it ain't about photography, don't reply. We need to be vigilant at this
time

DoublEE

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:09:49 +0100, "Brothermark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As tempting as it is to send a witty reply to the massively OT threads
>floating around, please resist. You are only fueling the fire.
>
>If it ain't about photography, don't reply. We need to be vigilant at this
>time

Save your breath. There's always going to be idiots like Steve that
feel the need to respond.

Please remove "SPAMSUX" if replying via email.

Brothermark

> Save your breath. There's always going to be idiots like Steve that
> feel the need to respond.

I was appealing to relative newbies who often make emotional appeals to the
trolls to ask them to stop being mean. But I take your point

Steve Young

> "DoublEE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Save your breath. There's always going to be idiots like Steve that
> feel the need to respond.

My point was to either make em or break em,
I felt, for either scenario, the solution would be forth coming
For months, the crossposted bigotry and racism flourished,
I didn't post to it and never said a word. Were you here then?
Finally, when it turned pornographic and the smut arrived,
I'd had enough
There's more than one way to skin a cat you know
(but ya need a cat to skin

Steve Young

DoublEE

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:09:06 +0100, "Brothermark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was appealing to relative newbies who often make emotional appeals to the
>trolls to ask them to stop being mean. But I take your point

I understand your point. Unfortunately there are many experienced
posters who continue a dialog with this idiot troll. Perhaps bravado
makes them feel the need to respond.

The best way to stop a small child's attention-seeking behavior is to
ignore the behavior. Pretty simple concept, huh?

>> Save your breath. There's always going to be idiots like Steve that
>> feel the need to respond.

Please remove "SPAMSUX" if replying via email.

Steve Young

> > "Brothermark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I was appealing to relative newbies who often make emotional appeals
> >to the trolls to ask them to stop being mean. But I take your point

> "DoublEE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I understand your point. Unfortunately there are many experienced
> posters who continue a dialog with this idiot troll. Perhaps bravado
> makes them feel the need to respond.

> The best way to stop a small child's attention-seeking behavior is to
> ignore the behavior. Pretty simple concept, huh?

and how was it with the racist / bigotry postings?
(when Steve hadn't said a word)

it's a beautiful day, so out I go to play