Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo Software

Photo Software

Kardon Coupé

Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now here
is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but the
software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos on
cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have more
than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
display....

Thanks in advance...

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:02:52 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Kardon Coupé"
<prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com> wrote:

>Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now here
>is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but the
>software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos on
>cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
>windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have more
>than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
>display....

VCD is limited to 99 images per chapter, but you can have more than one
chapter per disc.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Ron Recer

>From: "Kardon Coupé" prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com
>Date: 10/8/2003 4:02 PM Central Daylight Time

>Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now here
>is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but the
>software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos on
>cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
>windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have more
>than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
>display....
>
>Thanks in advance...

The 99 is more than likely the maximum number of entries that Nero allows in
the root directory of a CD. Try creating sub-directories/folders for your
photo files. Space for entries in sub-directories/folders is not limited like
it is for the root directory of the CD.

Ron

Morgan Ohlson

"Ron Recer" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "Kardon Coupé" prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com
> >Date: 10/8/2003 4:02 PM Central Daylight Time

> >Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now

here
> >is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but

the
> >software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos

on
> >cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
> >windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have

more
> >than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
> >display....
> >
> >Thanks in advance...
> >

> The 99 is more than likely the maximum number of entries that Nero allows

in
> the root directory of a CD. Try creating sub-directories/folders for your
> photo files. Space for entries in sub-directories/folders is not limited

like
> it is for the root directory of the CD.

Can anyone explain why Nero has this incredably stupid rule?

I like to have all fonts burnt at the root... it's very annoying to have to
change folders on and on....

Morgan O.

FOR7b

>Can anyone explain why Nero has this incredably stupid rule?
>
>I like to have all fonts burnt at the root... it's very annoying to have to
>change folders on and on....
>
>Morgan O.

Try other burning software. There are quite a few that are free or shareware.