Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > SMALLTALK or PERL ?

SMALLTALK or PERL ?

pr0r3p

Purl Gurl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> English Teacher wrote:
>
> > Which would be a more useful language to learn, Smalltalk or Pearl?
> > Learning curves any different?

> Your personal learning curve will be significantly enhanced should you
> elect to pay closer attention to your spelling, English Teacher.
>

> Purl Gurl

Yes, "purl" is a much better spelling of "perl" than "pearl" is, eh, troll?

Leicaddict

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (English Teacher) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Which would be a more useful language to learn, Smalltalk or Pearl?
> Learning curves any different?
>
> Thanks!

They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet or C#).

Joachim Tuchel

Leicaddict wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (English Teacher) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
>
>>Which would be a more useful language to learn, Smalltalk or Pearl?
>>Learning curves any different?
>>
>>Thanks!

> They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet or C#).

apart from the fact that this is FUD, Smalltalk is very good for
learning even if not used as much as Java or C#, which both will not
teach you good OO concepts.

BTW: who needs this Thread on newsgroups for foto equipment???

Thomas Worthington

On 28 Oct 2003 01:12:37 -0800, Leicaddict <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (English Teacher) wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
>> Which would be a more useful language to learn, Smalltalk or Pearl?
>> Learning curves any different?
>>
>> Thanks!

> They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet
> or C#).

I see, Perl's dead but Java isn't?! (C-hashed was never alive)

What colour's the sky in your world?

TW

Alan Browne

Thomas Worthington wrote:

>> They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet
>> or C#).

> I see, Perl's dead but Java isn't?! (C-hashed was never alive)
>
> What colour's the sky in your world?

Whatever the truth, do you have the brains to stop x-posting this
nonsense to rec.woodworking and the photo groups.

Thomas Worthington

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:18:23 -0500, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thomas Worthington wrote:
>
>>> They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet
>>> or C#).

>> I see, Perl's dead but Java isn't?! (C-hashed was never alive)
>>
>> What colour's the sky in your world?

> Whatever the truth, do you have the brains to stop x-posting this
> nonsense to rec.woodworking and the photo groups.

Oops. Sorry. Not quite got the hang of this newsreader yet.

TW

Jim Hutchison

I don't know smalltalk, but Perl was fairly easy to move to from ksh
(Unix Korn shell). It's more C-like than ksh, has a bizzillion
modules to do anything from graphics to networking, and is always
updated.

It's current, and quite alive.

jim h

http://www.jamesphotography.ca

More than photographs: free downloads, prizes, a bit of humour...

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:05:34 -0000, Thomas Worthington <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 28 Oct 2003 01:12:37 -0800, Leicaddict <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) (English Teacher) wrote in message
>> news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
>>> Which would be a more useful language to learn, Smalltalk or Pearl?
>>> Learning curves any different?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> They are both useless and dead. Learn Java/JSP/EJB or MS Dotnet (VBnet
>> or C#).

>I see, Perl's dead but Java isn't?! (C-hashed was never alive)
>
>What colour's the sky in your world?
>
>TW

why perl over more "powerful" stuff liek lisp haskell smalltalk ruby lua tcl? gavino Perl Misc 4 07-31-2006 12:30 PM
ANN: SimpleORB now available for C#, C++, Java and Smalltalk frankgerlach@gmail.com Java 1 12-28-2005 03:16 PM
SimpleORB now available for VW Smalltalk, java and C# frankgerlach22@gmx.de Java 11 11-24-2005 10:56 AM
Smalltalk/JVM Jason Jones Java 3 04-02-2005 05:33 PM
SMALLTALK or PERL ? English Teacher Digital Photography 5 11-06-2003 11:27 PM

Advertisments