Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fall colors (D60)

Fall colors (D60)

Salle

In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
this time of the year.
Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
(exactly -40F)

http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

--
*** Remove NSPM to reply ***

PTRAVEL

Very nice shot, almost reminiscent of Seurat. Thanks!

"Salle " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
> this time of the year.
> Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
> In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
> (exactly -40F)
>
> http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg
>
> --
> *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

Tony

Nice. What would you think about cropping 15-20% off the right side? I know
this will place the bench and man more "off center", but I kind of liked it
a bit better.

Salle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
> this time of the year.
> Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
> In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
> (exactly -40F)
>
> http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg
>
> --
> *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

Ms. Jaime

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:41:30 GMT, "Salle " <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
>this time of the year.
>Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
>In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
>(exactly -40F)
>
>http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

Oooooo. *Nice* pic.

Reminded me of the park in Stratford
I used to walk in daily.

Ms.Jaime

MikeWhy

I hate to be the one to say it... That's not the most photogenic tree I've
seen, and the much more interesting human element is lost in its sprawling
vastness. Find a better tree, or crop more tightly to focus on the people
enjoying the unaccustomed warmth. (I think the lower right 700x500 or so
pixels are a good start. I'd bring it in even tighter, losing another about
100 pixels off the right, and about 50 off the top.) The colors and lighting
are extraordinary. I do hope you find a print that says what you're after in
that there.

"Salle " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
> this time of the year.
> Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
> In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
> (exactly -40F)
>
> http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg
>
> --
> *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

nobody

"MikeWhy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

> I hate to be the one to say it... That's not the most photogenic tree I've
> seen, and the much more interesting human element is lost in its sprawling
> vastness. <snip>

The dynamics of the area *is* the photograph. 4 benches, 6 people,
dwarfed by the sprawling vastness of an otherwise ordinary tree. The
moment was perfectly captured.

Salle

Hehe... yes there is more that can be done to composition of this photo. I
would have chopped that tree to the right (or use less envirnmentally
damaging clone-out technique in PS) and crop a bit more. I did not
deliberatey set out to take pics - I just had the camera in the trunk and I
stopped in the middle of the road to snap a few. Anyway, this is straight
out of camera RAW, converted as shot, saturation +12, light unsharp mask
(0.5, 120%) and that's it. White balance worked good in this case, colors
were as you see them on screen. Good old 24mm/2.8 prime lens at f/8.

George Kerby

On 10/8/03 6:28 PM, in article M41hb.50627$pl3.46916@pd7tw3no, "Salle "
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hehe... yes there is more that can be done to composition of this photo. I
> would have chopped that tree to the right (or use less envirnmentally
> damaging clone-out technique in PS) and crop a bit more. I did not
> deliberatey set out to take pics - I just had the camera in the trunk and I
> stopped in the middle of the road to snap a few. Anyway, this is straight
> out of camera RAW, converted as shot, saturation +12, light unsharp mask
> (0.5, 120%) and that's it. White balance worked good in this case, colors
> were as you see them on screen. Good old 24mm/2.8 prime lens at f/8.

ANY photography education teaches one to compose the shot w/o cropping in
mind, unless there is a format consideration involved. Y our composition was
excellent in my humble opinion.

Ina Sterk

"Salle " <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
> this time of the year.
> Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
> In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
> (exactly -40F)
>
> http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

Very nice picture!

-= Ina =-